I've been going to college now for two years and I can't focus. I go to an art school for graphic design. When I do freelance work from home, I enjoy it and sometimes lose track of time because I like the way it looks and i'm passionate about it, but when i'm in classes it feels like a waste of time.

I feel like I don't even care what happens, I've failed a few classes now and it didn't even bother me, I just take them again with a different professor and pass them more easily (somehow). I commute an hour each way to class and it feels like school is a different world, when I come home I don't even think about it. Depending on the classes I can get by with minimal work as I feel i'm not even challenged by the course work.

I don't know what i'm looking for here, I just need to talk about it I suppose. Some suggestions of lifestyle changes or anything would help, thanks. :cool:

KillaPetehog

Well, I don't think you'll get much help from typed messages from people. That's NOT where you should be getting your motivation from.

I believe in a very simple..but very true ideology.

Tell me who you walk with and I will tell you who you are.

If you constantly hang out with men of ambition, you will become ambitious.

If you constantly hang out with men of power, courage, drive, successs and confidence..you will learn these attributes from them.

If you constantly hang out with men who are successful with women..you will learn from them..and you will learn these attributes from them.

NEVER let anyone tell you who you are or what you can or CANNOT do.

You are as great as you tell yourself.

You are a lion. They are sheep. You do not take the advice of sheep.

you are seeking for power.

You are seeking for success.

you are seeking for a new path.

You are seeking for inspiration.

You are seeking for motivation.

You are seeking for courage.

you are seeking for confidence.

You may or may not find it here.

but the EASIEST way to get these things is to hang out with people who do.

If you would like to add some perspective on your life...Go to your local library and check out the book, "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hilll.

People who are poor and destined to be in poverty THINK a certain way.

People who are rich and destined to be rich...THINK a certain way.

Change your mind, change your thoughts.

You are as great as you make yourself to be.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

SILENCE THOSE who tell you that you can't do it.

"As a man thinks, so he becomes"

Pook

longlegzs80

so here is my advice. If your bored with school and in your classes get out at the end of the year. There are plenty of books, forums on design and if your really into freelancing, do freelancing. You don't need education, but it is required many times for this field. So, I suggest if you are truely passionate about design, learn, be inspired, take a class or two here and there, do tons of reading, find a mentor etc., and see where you stand as far as your field.

Hope this helps.

johhny traintrack

FREELANCE. I always say do what you know.

If you're passionate about school cool. But most of us

aren't (Including me).

I hear ya on the not being motivated but i always say,

do what you know. If you're good at freelance stuff and

passionate about it, focus on that....I know TONS of people

that always need graphic design work and don't care about

if you have a degree or what school you went to. If you're

passionate and ambitious, there are some cools things you

can get into with your talent.