help, things are shaky (common for people?)

i want to write this forum so you can help me on this problem that i think now from writing this, it is common. i might have ways or advices myself, but there is probably no way out of this so.. for me, so can you help?

i live with my family, i am 16 years old.. as a child i was usually pampered a lot. at my age i feel losted because i should be growing up by now.

point is, i got nowhere to grow.. mom doesn't help, girlfriend doesn't help on the count that she disrespects me sometimes, (she is insecure). i live in a new area and my old friends, are old friends. maybe only that way i can grow. is there anything else i can do? or what i can do to avoid these, feelings of my parents or concern of myself as a kid or those expectations? there is like this common ritual ( for asians) that accidently makes us feels this way, i hate it.. and does anyone in this forum have experience anything like this? this isn't much to tell you all my thoughts but i think it is enough for you to help me out, BTW i even feel immense anger or stress inside me sometimes, please write anything you can. thanks.

oh boy.. now things just got serious.

• Author

i've found a bit of an answer. i went to sleep tonight, my mind is fine.. but i concentrated on my heart. and it is diseased, dead, like half of it is missing and it is struggling for life.. air. it is angry about something and i just cant figure what, but it does go faster when i inhibit this day. this day when i was so angry , i literally blasted, i went crazy and i talked about killing someone. see , even right now just talking about it my heart is twitching-- i've studied it.

\

You sound terribly stressed and I'm not sure what exactly is causing it.

I think at your age, some people do go through some existential angst. They question the meaning of things, or feel angry that they are expected to now function as adults in a really messed up world.

Perhaps you were pampered as a youngster and now feel unprepared for the increasingly difficult burden of adulthood. Maybe you are someone who really takes to heart all that is wrong with the world; wars, the economy, divorce, etc.

At 16, you can certainly take on a more adult role in the world but rest assured, you are still quite young and not even considered a legal adult yet. If you feel like you need direction (and are not getting it from your parents or friends) I might suggest talking to a school counselor. Are you considering college? Are you unsure as to what career path you want to follow?

I know many young Asians feel very pressured to perform well in school and have a good career. Maybe you feel unsure about what you want to do? Or do you have dreams that conflict with your parents' expectations?

Anxiety and stress can cause a lot of physical reactions; twitching feelings in your chest, a sense of numbness, a rapid heartbeat....you may also harbor fantasies about hurting people.

It sounds like you feel trapped and need guidance and someone who can listen to you.

Again, I would speak to your school counselor. If you find that unsatisfactory, I'd ask the counselor to refer you to someone who can provide more intensive therapy.