My g/f has A.D.D or A.D.H.D?

just vent, and maybe you can help.

It is actually obvious now, I didn't really look at it that way untill the same problems kept occuring in the relationship. Her mom has A.D.D, i seen it myself. Her leg would go up and down and such. Anyway, my girlfriend has A.D.H.D or whatever, I have studied a little about it. She seems clueless about it, or even if she mentions it ( once ever) it would be a behavior towards joking. Before all of this it never seemed that she had it, I never in my life thought it would happen to me. Me? My own girlfriend? This is why I was always being put down. Me being put down to her was like slowing her "motor" in her brain. And when I told her "I love you", it would be more meaningful. Sometimes when I say something it is like my job to say a million words to bring it in her head. The major problem is that she has like that side of her that I don't want to bring out because I want her to know that I am there for her and treating her special. It sucks, I am so aware of it so much. This is her method: she follows however I am. So I try to think that nothing is wrong with her. She does anything to avoid it.

p.s. what should i do? i dont know.. what do you think?

• Author

it sucks too because she can talk to so much people at her school (we go to seperate schools) and probably forget about me because she always has something to think about. SO WHO CARES IF I SLOW HER MOTOR DOWN, SHE IS STILL FORGETTING ABOUT ME. ERGH.

• Author

it sucks too because she can talk to so much people at her school (we go to seperate schools) and probably forget about me because she has something to think about. SO WHO CARES IF I SLOW HER MOTOR DOWN, SHE IS STILL FORGETTING ABOUT ME. ERGH.

p.s. the words i am using such as "always" are not true because I am not 100 percent sure of what happens with her.. but i know that once that idea of her having A.D.D is brought up in her head this is what happens.

You can't possibly make this diagnosis on your own.

Her leg would go up and down and such
This is just a nervous habit that lots of people have.
RainyDayWoman
You can't possibly make this diagnosis on your own. This is just a nervous habit that lots of people have.

well done.

• Author

that is pretty weird. I thought I was pretty sure my girlfriend has A.D.D. I read about some of the symptoms, appearantly it is genetic. (Her mom), i guess that is a fact. Plus, I am not a scientist or anything but I can see that when I communicate with her..... all I can say is the more I notice she has it the more it starts to show. I think the reason why I felt so low before was because she was handling it in a way where it wouldn't be noticable. She seems to talk about stressing out.. and everytime she retries to attempt something it gets worst, and it is funny that is the only time it really shows. It is like she can turn it off and on. When it is off.. I get low.. because that is when it seems like she is messing with me. Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me (I think too much, overanalyze, weird vibe when communicating) and maybe me doing that is just a way to move away some disorder? Maybe that IS the disorder. Maybe there is something wrong with me and I am taking my girlfriend's issue as a mistake, but I am also almost 90% sure.

thanks for the post. it helps. i need more dudes.

• Author

maybe you are right. but it is like me seeing a UFO.. "I have seen it".. it is just doesn't show as often as it is. I even think it is not that severe.. it is like minor..........

An ADD or ADHD diagnosis is not made quickly, even by a trained physician or other trained professional. Diagnosis ADD/HD requires more than just a look at the persons current behavior. So it remains impossible for you to diagnose your girlfriend.

Just out of curiosity on what basis did you determine that your gf has ADD/HD? What do you believe the symptoms of ADD/HD are?

She could be just a scatterbrained person. People can be like that and not have ADD/ADHD. Or she is a busy person and little things slip her mind. Maybe it's drugs, alcohol? I don't know, but if you're that concerned then get her to have a dignosis made from her Dr. What does she say about it?