hello, my name is larry and in 10th grade last year i couldnt try out for my high school football team because of issues of family.I'm now a year behind all teh other football players but ive played football for 6 years of my life. Should i spend the money and time to play football? Should i focus all my attention on school? Appricate any suggestions that you are willing to give me.

p.s: this is 2nd post and started tonight about asking people on the internet about my problems should i be noticed about anything or afraid of..?

~Larry :cool:

Larry,

If you enjoy the sport then try out. What do you have to lose??

But remember that your education comes first and don't get behind on your school work. If your grades are too low you will probably be suspended from playing. (Sounds just like mom, huh?)

• Author

Awsome mom :D , but however i am a year behind all the others and dont want to be last in the activities most of my friends are on the team and they want me to play but dont want to make a fool of my self infront of everyone. Thanks again for any suggestions.

you are a year behind them grade wise??

How would you be last in the activities??

I am confused

• Author

year behind in skill, i didnt play freshman year.

last because i havent played in so long besides pick up games with friends without doing drills, sprints, or any activity. thanks maria for the quick replys appricate it :)

who cares if you missed a year of football. You have been playing for years.

Try out for the team. Give it a shot. Take a chance.

What could happen other than not making the team. At least you try.

You need to give yourself more credit than you do right now. Get a positive outlook and go for it.

Good luck to you my friend!!!!

HotCaliGirl

I'm not clear if the family issues that kept you from playing last year had anything to do with your parents not wanting you to play... but like Maria46 said, education comes first.

If football is a financial burden on your family and takes up too much time from your schoolwork, and on top of it could injure you and you feel uncomfortable that your friends on the team are at a higher level, maybe you could take up a sport you'd be on the same playing level with the other players and that is not as expensive and time consuming...just a thought for you to consider.

It is true in many schools (if not all schools) that you have to be able to maintain a certain grade point average. If you have a GPA that is higher than that, don't let football lower your grade. You will always need an education. You won't always need football.

Be sure that YOU want to play. Don't do it simply because your friends want you to. If it is in YOUR heart and you think positively, you will be able to make up for lost time and play just as well as the others . . . maybe better than some that are already on the team.

You sound like you are active already, so it won't take long for you to get used to the drills.

Remember that education is more important than sports, but you also want to benefit and learn from the competition and the sportsmanship that sports can provide (not to menition the benefits of exercise).