After-Travel Sickness..flu like symptoms w anxiety pls help!

SadBabyGirl

Ok I want to write this as clear as possible without sounding like a hypocrondriac or a whiner, the thing is for the past few years, every time i travel, like the very day i arrive whether it is by plane or train i get hardcore sick, like several hours after already getting situated.

Like for example today I rode amtrak home, bus and train, was on it from 2 pm to 9 30 pm and i was fine after i got home but then a few hours later my tummy started to hurt gassy i felt nauseated and dizzy.. (usually i get diareeya but I took immodium the other day)so tonite i was like ok i should lay down and next thing i know i start shaking all over like im having a ceisure--ok not really but more like my nerves are shot, Im tired but my eyes are wide open and so I took some maalox to rid the gas and lower nausea but i still feel bleh like im still on a moving bus or moving ground. This happens almost every time i travel and sometimes can last for the entire vacation making it miserable for me to have normal eating and sleep patterns. Anybody ever experience this??? Should I see a doctor???? I wanna cry lol

Travel stomach is very common in one form or another. The other symptoms make me think it's probably just a case of nerves, which might also explain your upset stomach. Maybe you get really tense when you travel, either anxious about getting sick or getting sick because your anxious about other things?

There are drugs you can take for travel tummy. Go to your drugstore and ask what they have for travellers and try that next time.

• Author
SadBabyGirl

You guys pretty much summed it up in a nutshell. Well after getting rested up I feel a whole lot better now. Ill be sure to hit up the drugstore prior to my next trip and lay off of food while Im in transit :)