Should I be concerned with this lump on my head?

I've had this small lump on the back of my head for as long as I can remember. I'm almost 30, now, and I can't really recall a time where I DIDN'T have it. It doesn't hurt, I don't think it's ever really "grown", and from what I can tell, it moves with the skin, which I thought I've read that tumors typically aren't "movable". But I've been wondering if I SHOULD be more concerned about it.

I know, I know, nobody here is a medical professional, and I should consult a physician for professional medical opinions, but I don't currently "have" a doctor, and my medical coverage from work is so-so, so I'd rather not end up going to a doctor just to find out it's, like, an in-grown hair, or something harmless.

I was able to get a picture of it because I just got a haircut, and I have a link to it if anyone wants to take a look and see what they think:

https://i.imgur.com/4Mnu7nO.jpg

You should have it looked at next time you're at the doctor. At least it's probably not cancerous since you've had it forever, but there are certain types of things that can change. No panic, but next time you're at a doctor, have her look at it.

Agree, have it looked at once and hopefully be done with worrying about it. Definitely be seen if there are any changes - change in size, color, swelling, gunk oozing out of it.

Fwiw, it looks like a harmless lipoma. In fact, it looks a lot like one my Brittany spaniel had on his head. They are easily removed if it starts to bother you.

But, not giving you medical advice. Nope. Nada.

Good luck.

• Like 1

It looks like a fatty cyst.

Google DrPimplePopper. Not kidding! :laugh: It's a tv show and actually quite interesting and informative.