Trouble getting steady work with company

I'm a freelancer. Over the last 7-8 years I've mostly been with one company, but over the last year & a half or so I've been branching out and getting more work at various companies large and small. So, last year I got some work at a pretty big company in a different city which I now kind of half-live in. It's my dream to push into this city full time, and I loved working for that company but at the moment I'm struggling getting back in.

I keep in touch with people there, and every one in awhile I reach out to the main person who can give me work. Lately it seems like they've been too slow to be able to hire me, but I'm always encouraged to continue reaching back out to them. Getting regular steady work with this company would be a huge boost for my career whether I stay there long term or not. I enjoy the people and I love the location.

The dilemma I'm struggling with is....how can I keep myself in their mind to show that I really want to work for them, but not so much that I become a pest? They have a very small booking window unfortunately, but should I reach out them once a week? I did tell them not too long ago that I would like to work for them more this year, and again I was encouraged to just stay in touch with them. I'm in a slow period though, and I'm starting to feel the crunch.

• Author
It's impossible to answer your question without knowing what you do for a living.

Sorry, I'm just trying to maintain a bit of internet anonymity. I work in video post-production - advertising and marketing stuff.

Edited by hamsterhouse