Highly emotional !

First of all, I am not sure if I am posting in the right forum or not.

Since childhood, I have been a very emotional person. On a scale, I hold myself together between 2.5 and 7.5. Anything my emotions cross these limits, I am a complete mess. Super mess. I make bad decisions in those moments.

People say it's fine and that I am normal. Just wanted to know if others experience similar emotions like mine.

• Like 2
  • Author
What are these emotional responses typically triggered by?

When I am super happy or super sad I cry uncontrollably.

Learn about breathing techniques. I cry especially when sad. But sometimes if I do the deep breathing I can keep a handle on it.

• Like 1

Yes I have always been the same way as well.

You have to breathe in and out, slowly deeply.

Close your eyes and focus on your breath.

If you suffer from panic attacks, do this grounding exercise:

5 things you can see

4 things you can feel

3 things you can hear

2 things you can smell

1 thing you can taste

• Like 2
  • Author

I don't have panic attacks rather more like a big cry for few minutes. Then I crawl back to normalcy. Also happens when I am intimate with my husband.

Edited by Deepremorse5
First of all, I am not sure if I am posting in the right forum or not.

Since childhood, I have been a very emotional person. On a scale, I hold myself together between 2.5 and 7.5. Anything my emotions cross these limits, I am a complete mess. Super mess. I make bad decisions in those moments.

People say it's fine and that I am normal. Just wanted to know if others experience similar emotions like mine.

May I ask how old you are?

My suggestions, don't make any major decisions about anything when you're having one of those moments. And maybe seek some counseling so you can learn how to cope with stress in a way that you don't lose control. It's one thing to be or feel emotional, it's another to go from extreme happiness to falling apart crying.

• Like 1

IMO it is normal, and unless your emotions are interfering with your daily functioning too much, I wouldn't worry (if they are - talk to a d-r, nothing to be ashamed from).

I've always been told I'm very emotional and very reactive. I have large amplitudes of highs and lows, but usually snap out of both pretty easily if I put some conscious thought about it. But it doesn't interfere with my daily functions, I enjoy it and don't really want to change it. I love the whole spectrum of emotions that my body let me experience (I always joke with people that this is the reason I have never drunk or smoked weed etc - my body gives me the whole spectrum without external interference haha)

• Like 1
  • Author
May I ask how old you are?

My suggestions, don't make any major decisions about anything when you're having one of those moments. And maybe seek some counseling so you can learn how to cope with stress in a way that you don't lose control. It's one thing to be or feel emotional, it's another to go from extreme happiness to falling apart crying.

I am 29. I don't lose control. Just the excess emotions that I go through is what bothers. Rather than depth, across whole spectrum of things I become emotional.

LivingWaterPlease
I don't have panic attacks rather more like a big cry for few minutes. Then I crawl back to normalcy. Also happens when I am intimate with my husband.

Aren't you and your husband separated? Just asking because from your post it seems you're not. Yet from your recent story you definitely are. But, there may be another Deepremorse on LS who IS separated?:confused:

• Author
Aren't you and your husband separated? Just asking because from your post it seems you're not. Yet from your recent story you definitely are. But, there may be another Deepremorse on LS who IS separated?:confused:

You have correctly pointed out. We are separated now. I was speaking of times we were together. During sex, I get super emotional. And he is still my husband.