LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

For those of you going through depression...

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By FilterCoffee
  • 1 Post By StoicHusband
  • 1 Post By FilterCoffee
  • 1 Post By StoicHusband
  • 1 Post By Jdoublenn
  • 1 Post By FilterCoffee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2018, 6:55 AM   #1
Established Member

For those of you going through depression...

Thereís a bot thatís been created by Stanford professors with you in mind. I think it was released yesterday and itís available on the Apple App Store (not sure about android devices). Hereís a link to an article that describes what this app does. I hope it helps.
ďIíve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game's winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life and that's why I succeed.Ē ― Michael Jordan
FilterCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:12 PM   #2
Established Member

Just started.

It says it takes a few weeks, I am optimistic about it tho. It uses CBT which is shown to be effective. Might be a cool way to work on CBT every day.
StoicHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:37 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicHusband View Post
Just started.

It says it takes a few weeks, I am optimistic about it tho. It uses CBT which is shown to be effective. Might be a cool way to work on CBT every day.
Thatís nice. They just released the first version of the app so thereís bound to be a few bugs. The people who developed it are among the leading researchers in psychology and AI so I thought it would be worth a try. I should have mentioned it in my OP; the app is called Ďwoebotí. Itís available for Facebook messenger and Apple devices with a release for android coming soon.
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:33 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterCoffee View Post
Thatís nice. They just released the first version of the app so thereís bound to be a few bugs. The people who developed it are among the leading researchers in psychology and AI so I thought it would be worth a try. I should have mentioned it in my OP; the app is called Ďwoebotí. Itís available for Facebook messenger and Apple devices with a release for android coming soon.
Yeah, the messenger one works fairly well ( I only got the intro stuff done ) but I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Hey, it can't hurt, right?
StoicHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:28 AM   #5
Established Member

Ummmm THANK YOU for this! I just got started and I have a feeling its going to be super helpful and informative :]
Jdoublenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:59 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoublenn View Post
Ummmm THANK YOU for this! I just got started and I have a feeling its going to be super helpful and informative :]
You're most welcome J I just read your last thread. It's good that you're staying with mom while going through this. Stay off the booze for some time. I hope things get better soon!
Old 3rd February 2018, 1:05 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterCoffee View Post
You're most welcome J I just read your last thread. It's good that you're staying with mom while going through this. Stay off the booze for some time. I hope things get better soon!
Thank you my friend. Yes I've lived at home since moving back to CA. Came home nearly broke LOL plus its freaking HARD to afford living on your own out here without a million dollar job. lol. The goal is to move back out of course but I am very glad I was here when that happened. It was seriously so scary... bc my mind felt so weirdly calm about making such an awful decision.
Jdoublenn is offline   Reply With Quote