LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Defeating insomnia

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2018, 9:35 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanex View Post
Much better. Thanks for asking.

That was a super post IndigoNight, I really appreciate you took the time to write all that.

I was going through a week of insomnia without finding the reason of it. I did the hot bath thing suggested by divegrl last week and it did help me to chill for the night. Since then Ive been sleeping even more than needed. About 9 hours.

For now I still want to steer clear of any sleeping pills like Ambien or Zopiclone. I took them at some point but do not want to get ''hooked'' on them again.

I did excercice a bit much, no coffee in the afternoon. Very few to no alcohol late in the evening and all is back on track.
that's great news
Old 26th January 2018, 5:43 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todreaminblue View Post
still not tired can you keep writing please.....:0)...thank you for writing your ideas..
Todreaminblue, I definitely understand an overactive mind keeping you awake. As for sex, to me it would be a shot of adrenaline, and not useful for sleeping.

So, what I use to calm my mind is adult coloring books. Instead of my mind thinking about 101 different things, I focus on the coloring, and it tends to soothe me. Coloring is also sometimes helpful for feeling stressed, anxious, or even depressed. I have many family and friends that I have gotten into coloring, and they all have said it helps calm their minds. If you think you might enjoy it, find an adult coloring book that appeals to you, some markers or colored pencils, turn off the tv (I listen to soothing music), and color until you feel more relaxed.

I hope that helps.

I am not sure why you would have been given depo provera for anything other than birth control. Perhaps is was depakote? One of the many side effects possible for depakote include insomnia.
IndigoNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 12:20 AM   #18
Established Member

in on thread...I sleep an average of 3 hours a night now and it's driving me crazy. Been trying ASMR
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 12:56 AM   #19
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoNight View Post
Todreaminblue, I definitely understand an overactive mind keeping you awake. As for sex, to me it would be a shot of adrenaline, and not useful for sleeping.

So, what I use to calm my mind is adult coloring books. Instead of my mind thinking about 101 different things, I focus on the coloring, and it tends to soothe me. Coloring is also sometimes helpful for feeling stressed, anxious, or even depressed. I have many family and friends that I have gotten into coloring, and they all have said it helps calm their minds. If you think you might enjoy it, find an adult coloring book that appeals to you, some markers or colored pencils, turn off the tv (I listen to soothing music), and color until you feel more relaxed.

I hope that helps.

I am not sure why you would have been given depo provera for anything other than birth control. Perhaps is was depakote? One of the many side effects possible for depakote include insomnia.
sex makes me sleepy after its like a sedative which probably either my body produces prolactin or oxytocin..... apparently i keep talking though i am completely relaxed after sex.....languid......smilin......

anyway you are right i looked it up depo is a birth control it is intramuscular....what it actually was that they gave me that raised my prolactin levels was ....respirodone i was court ordered to take it because i refused oral medication.....its also used to control sexual dysfunction in rapists..i take offense and exception to that fact..that particular drug they gave me messed me up......as i said i had symptoms of pregnancy and produced milk like a cow....i like to think i was so full of the milk of human kindness to begin with.....they overdosed me on the stuff...it had absolutely no effect on my sex drive not that i needed it to anyway.......i dont feel i have ever really recovered from them guinea pigging me.....

as far as colorign goes i have a heap of adult coloring books and coloured pencils and textas.....i have had to rebuy them over and over because my adult kids steal them all....and dont give them back.....they have drug addictions and while they are on stimulants they get bored and color in all night....or my granddaughter doesnt have what she needs for school so i give her what i have left.....when i have some more money ill rebuy again ...

at the moment i dont have money to spare....my ex is sending me a big box...of pencils and colors and drawing aids...paints.....for me and my granddaughter.....
which relates to me not sleeping......i am stressed ..and my outlets are beign taken from me...... getting on here and escaping for a while helps..helping others getting outside my own issues that i have no control over.........stops me waiting for three am phone calls...which do come ....and i dread them......

i also feel and i looked it up is that i am in the middle of a spiritual awakening,i have the checklist signed sealed and delivered for this..i should be a basket case...but i am not..and i feel really proud that i am not a basket case how many people can say that...smilin.......maybe because i have hope in my heart ...i never give up...keep hopin....and because i actually know i need to rest......when i can.....thanks indigo you are so right about coloring...colors feed the spirit and it is soothing always has been for me...i do my art really bold and colorful.....deb.
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 5:52 AM   #20

I just masturbate before going to bed in case of I'm having trouble sleeping. Not the healthiest thing, but works for me.
drakon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 6:01 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakon12 View Post
I just masturbate before going to bed in case of I'm having trouble sleeping. Not the healthiest thing, but works for me.
wouldnt work for me...even if i wanted to... i share a bed.......my granddaughter sleeps next to me...deb
Old 28th January 2018, 11:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by todreaminblue View Post
wouldnt work for me...even if i wanted to... i share a bed.......my granddaughter sleeps next to me...deb
Ah that's bad to hear. Also, I like to get my earphones and listening to some upbeat music and getting that energy out of my system before going to bed. It helps me relax and sleep better. To me, it's like when I have too much energy in my body I cannot sleep. Maybe it's like that for you too. If not, I'll let you know if I find another method
drakon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 7:28 AM   #23

After 5 years insomnia , I finally got normal 7 hours sleep....
did a lot meditation, aura healing, etc.

(but lately started to wake up very early ,not know why....)
unit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 4:18 AM   #24
Established Member

I've been a severe insomniac for 20 years with a lot of health complications. I relate to IndigoNight. Turns out I'm heavy metal poisoned.

So, here are the things that have helped me. Some will sound weird:

Acupuncture (!!)
Epsom salt baths
Grounding with bare feet on the earth/soil/sand and getting sufficient sunlight during the day
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique/"tapping")
Staying away from electronics (download flux app on your phone and computer to filter blue light in the evening)
No clocks/cell phones, etc. within 10 ft of the bed
Turning off WiFi at night
Switching my position in bed near the full/new moon
Regularly washing sheets (if you have a dust mite allergy)
Binaural beats (input in each ear is different to help sync your brain into a relaxed state--check out BrainSync)
Gentle stretching/exercise (like yoga)
Rubbing my palms against the bottoms of my feet 100x at night (old Chinese remedy to help the channels commonly related to sleep communicate)
Somatic therapy
Clay baths
Blocking out all light sources
Going to bed before 11pm/at same time every night
Massage
Energy healing (like Rudy Hunter)

Dietary suggestions:
No caffeine/MSG/processed or overly salty foods
Magnesium/calcium supplement at night (I keep this at my bedside and increase the dose throughout the night--helps with my tremors and to relax me even if it doesn't put me to sleep. Can't praise magnesium enough)
Quality B vitamins
Liver (for the iron and other trace minerals)
Silica
Liposomal Vitamin C
Collagen hydrolysate
Consuming yin/blood building foods regularly (like sweet potato, avocados, cherries, etc.)

I know I'm missing stuff but those are some things to consider before drugging yourself.
healing light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 11:59 AM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healing light View Post
I've been a severe insomniac for 20 years with a lot of health complications. I relate to IndigoNight. Turns out I'm heavy metal poisoned.

Acupuncture (!!)
Epsom salt baths
Grounding with bare feet on the earth/soil/sand and getting sufficient sunlight during the day
Staying away from electronics (download flux app on your phone and computer to filter blue light in the evening)
Binaural beats (input in each ear is different to help sync your brain into a relaxed state--check out BrainSync)
Rubbing my palms against the bottoms of my feet 100x at night (old Chinese remedy to help the channels commonly related to sleep communicate)
Somatic therapy
Clay baths
Massage

Dietary suggestions:
Magnesium/calcium supplement at night (I keep this at my bedside and increase the dose throughout the night--helps with my tremors and to relax me even if it doesn't put me to sleep. Can't praise magnesium enough)
Quality B vitamins
Silica
Liposomal Vitamin C
Collagen hydrolysate
Consuming yin/blood building foods regularly (like sweet potato, avocados, cherries, etc.)

I know I'm missing stuff but those are some things to consider before drugging yourself.
Beautiful post healing light. Iíve done most of the above to support regular sleep patterns. 😊

Can I ask why the bed should be turned towards the full/new moon?

Thanks my friend!!!
Old 30th January 2018, 6:43 PM   #26
Established Member

During different moon cycles, usually the full moon, even healthy people sleep half an hour less on average and have more restless sleep. Rates of crime and hospital admissions go up, etc. The speculation is that the moon exerts a magnetic effect on your brain the same way that it pulls on the tides and affects other processes on earth, though researchers aren't quite sure why. In my very unscientific observations, I've found if I flip in bed so my feet are where my head normally is, I will get back to sleep much more easily during certain lunar phases. I have a neuro disorder so I can easily feel differences in the tension in my head and it seems like changing my orientation in relation to the pull of the moon helps a lot when nothing else works.

It took me about a decade to realize that the moon was affecting my sleep, but once I started tracking it, it was like clockwork. I found that very odd at first. I'm a part of a forum of those who are also mercury poisoned and it seems very common in heavy metal toxic people that their symptoms flare when they spend a lot of time around EMF devices and during the moon cycles, particularly the full moon. I'm guessing this may have something to do with the way the heavy metals are affected by magnetic field changes? This is also true of people with parasites because of the way their breeding patterns coincide with the moon cycles; additionally, women's hormonal patterns tend to be linked with the lunar cycle (I know this is true for me, but some studies show that up to 30% of women have their period during the full moon).

Just something to think about. Sounds crazy--I don't expect anyone to believe it--but try it and you might be pleasantly surprised.
healing light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 8:52 PM   #27
Established Member

Soooo interesting. I had no clue!
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 9:09 PM   #28
Established Member

I'm very curious about this - can it be just the moon as a light source -
i.e. are you going to get the same effect if you e.g. leave a lamp on?

One thing I've noticed for sure is that my menstrual cycles near perfectly align with the lunar cycle, which makes me think the effects of the moon are not science fiction... Although we don't have a proper scientific proof to my knowledge.

I think the easiest at home measurement to see how lunar cycles align with sleep patterns is to measure changes in heart rate. I'd track this from tomorrow to the next full moon, I'm curious how the base heart rate will fluctuate.

Quote:
During different moon cycles, usually the full moon, even healthy people sleep half an hour less on average and have more restless sleep. Rates of crime and hospital admissions go up, etc. The speculation is that the moon exerts a magnetic effect on your brain the same way that it pulls on the tides and affects other processes on earth, though researchers aren't quite sure why. In my very unscientific observations, I've found if I flip in bed so my feet are where my head normally is, I will get back to sleep much more easily during certain lunar phases. I have a neuro disorder so I can easily feel differences in the tension in my head and it seems like changing my orientation in relation to the pull of the moon helps a lot when nothing else works.

It took me about a decade to realize that the moon was affecting my sleep, but once I started tracking it, it was like clockwork. I found that very odd at first. I'm a part of a forum of those who are also mercury poisoned and it seems very common in heavy metal toxic people that their symptoms flare when they spend a lot of time around EMF devices and during the moon cycles, particularly the full moon. I'm guessing this may have something to do with the way the heavy metals are affected by magnetic field changes? This is also true of people with parasites because of the way their breeding patterns coincide with the moon cycles; additionally, women's hormonal patterns tend to be linked with the lunar cycle (I know this is true for me, but some studies show that up to 30% of women have their period during the full moon).

Just something to think about. Sounds crazy--I don't expect anyone to believe it--but try it and you might be pleasantly surprised.
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 9:15 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:

Acupuncture (!!)
Epsom salt baths
Somatic therapy
Clay baths
Massage

Dietary suggestions:
Quality B vitamins
Silica
Liposomal Vitamin C
Collagen hydrolysate

awesome post...thanks...deb
Old 30th January 2018, 9:53 PM   #30
Established Member

I'll admit, I have never had hard core sleeping issues, but o do go through periods where I wake up way too early or a bunch of times a night. My cure is...

Reduce caffeine
Exercise
Eat well
Less screens....

And masturbate (seriously if I wake up in the middle of the night I will rub one out, cum and fall back asleep).

And if all else fails, two benedryl with dinner. They really make me drozy and help me sleep through the night.
No_Go and Shanex like this.