Who else is ready for 2018?

I have been feeling like December, and the year, are dragging along.

I am generally a very positive person, I try to find good aspects everywhere, but I find myself so tired at the end of this year. It's been such a tough and low on positives/accomplishments year - professionally and personally. Yet, it has been so busy and exhausting, and as recently as today it is continuing to throw punches.

I am very mindful that I am still among the lucky ones and that things are not quite as grim as they may appear at the present moment, but I also cannot help but hope for a brighter 2018.

• Like 1
  • Author
I was just getting used to 2017

:D I really tried to also, but 2017 had another agenda. I am throwing in the towel, but hope to bid it a nice farewell yet.

• Like 1

I'm ready!

2017 was an epic year, one of my best so far. 2018 - I expect to be even better :cool:

My main goal for 2018 is professional: going back to my 'roots' but with a twist. I stepped out of science 2 years ago, and although the tech world is cool - I feel like I want to be back :)

Also: I have to learn to garden.

And since we are on a dating forum: 2018 shall bring me at least 2 first dates, unless the first one works out ;)

I have been feeling like December, and the year, are dragging along.

I am generally a very positive person, I try to find good aspects everywhere, but I find myself so tired at the end of this year. It's been such a tough and low on positives/accomplishments year - professionally and personally. Yet, it has been so busy and exhausting, and as recently as today it is continuing to throw punches.

I am very mindful that I am still among the lucky ones and that things are not quite as grim as they may appear at the present moment, but I also cannot help but hope for a brighter 2018.

• Like 1
  • Author

2017 was an epic year, one of my best so far.

Oh nice! It is so good to hear someone had a positive 2017!! Everyone around me seems to have struggled. What made your year special?

My main goal for 2018 is professional: going back to my 'roots' but with a twist. I stepped out of science 2 years ago, and although the tech world is cool - I feel like I want to be back :)
Science meaning academia? I am a scientist myself, but in a corporate world. I am actually wanting to step more into the tech area and out of the corporate one next year.

And since we are on a dating forum: 2018 shall bring me at least 2 first dates, unless the first one works out ;)
Awesome goal! I do hope the first one works out for you :)

On my end, I am in the process of ending something, which is part of what made my 2017 challenging. I think I will take a break and focus on myself.

I bought my first home, had my first niece, published an an old project, refurbished an old hobby, got away from a suffocating ex and albeit it was a false start - crushed hard on someone :) It was a mix of old and new... and after a string of bad events (deaths in family, ilnesses etc) in the past few years - I got a breather of the bad stuff in '17 :)

Yeah - I was in academia - stepped into tech - and now planning to transition to science but in the corporate world. So it is like in reverse to what you want to do :)

Fingers crossed for good dating luck ;) And also on you getting through the difficult ending - actually this may encourage you: 2017 was good for me big time because of that (I had a good break & time to focus on myself after a long and torturous relationship ending).

Oh nice! It is so good to hear someone had a positive 2017!! Everyone around me seems to have struggled. What made your year special?

Science meaning academia? I am a scientist myself, but in a corporate world. I am actually wanting to step more into the tech area and out of the corporate one next year.

Awesome goal! I do hope the first one works out for you :)

On my end, I am in the process of ending something, which is part of what made my 2017 challenging. I think I will take a break and focus on myself.

• Like 1

I can’t beleive the year is already over.

I feel like time is just moving so quickly and I am still in the same place.

It feels so strange and I am oddly sad. It doesn’t help my 23rd birthday is a few days after New Years. I feel so behind somehow.

Not ready if I am honest

• Like 1
  • Author
It was a mix of old and new... and after a string of bad events (deaths in family, ilnesses etc) in the past few years - I got a breather of the bad stuff in '17 :)
Then cheers to 2017 as well! Sounds like a good year indeed.

Fingers crossed for good dating luck ;) And also on you getting through the difficult ending - actually this may encourage you: 2017 was good for me big time because of that (I had a good break & time to focus on myself after a long and torturous relationship ending).
Fingers crossed indeed! And thank you, it does encourage me to hear that. I really feel like I need a long break to refocus.
  • Like 1
  • Author

I feel so behind somehow.

Not ready if I am honest

I know the feeling. Hopefully 2018 will surprise everyone... (I will add the caveat - "in a good way" :) )
  • Like 1
  • Author
It's cliche, because we all this think every single year.
True. For me there were years in the past that have been really great. I can't remember looking forward to the new year/year end quite as much as this time, hence the musings on my end ;)

2017 has been the worst year of my life! It started bad... it ended bad. So bad, if fact, that 2018 can't help but be better. My goal is to fall in love and be loved in 2018. Being alone is so hard. Everyone please pray for my success. :)

• Like 3

Ideally I wish in some freak, time warp occurrence we could go back to the eighties next year. Miss those days dearly. Tired of going forward. Want to go back with the knowledge I have now.

• Like 2

Nothing really special about going into a new year. Just my opinion. sun will set and rise just like any other day and life goes on. Nothing magical will happen. why wait for a new year to make things better? Just another day for me.

• Like 1

I'm ready to move on to 2018, but 2017 was a good year. It was the first time in a very long time that my wife was well again after some long illnesses and injuries, and we could finally travel as we've always wanted (D.C., New Orleans, Chicago, France, western North Carolina. I received a substantial inheritance after a year of paperwork. In 2018, we have more travel planned (a Bahamas cruise - our first!, Sedona, Grand Canyon, and Hawaii). We'd do more, but I'm out of vacation time. <sigh>

I'm sorry some have had a bad year - I've had my share of those, so hopefully things will improve soon for you, too.

• Like 1
  • Author
2017 has been the worst year of my life! It started bad... it ended bad. So bad, if fact, that 2018 can't help but be better.
Sorry to hear about your bad year. Here's hoping for a better 2018!
  • Like 1
  • Author
Nothing really special about going into a new year. Just my opinion. sun will set and rise just like any other day and life goes on. Nothing magical will happen. why wait for a new year to make things better? Just another day for me.
That is very true, and yet... I guess it's human psychology. We made up this arbitrary line to cross, and are using it to give ourselves hope. :)
  • Like 2
  • Author
I'm ready to move on to 2018, but 2017 was a good year. It was the first time in a very long time that my wife was well again after some long illnesses and injuries, and we could finally travel as we've always wanted (D.C., New Orleans, Chicago, France, western North Carolina. I received a substantial inheritance after a year of paperwork. In 2018, we have more travel planned (a Bahamas cruise - our first!, Sedona, Grand Canyon, and Hawaii). We'd do more, but I'm out of vacation time. <sigh>

I'm sorry some have had a bad year - I've had my share of those, so hopefully things will improve soon for you, too.

Was so glad to read about your good year and am very happy for you and your wife. I hope 2018 travels brings same welcome surprises and much deserved peace and contentment.

Thanks for your well-wishes too. Looking forward to it.

Definately ready for 2018. This year has been like most with its share of ups and downs. There are a few new coping mechanisms that should work out well for the new year.

• Like 1
  • Author

Hope 2018 is a successful one for you, SteadyPace.

Your post made me think of new year resolutions. I stopped making any, because they seemed like the already existing goals I was postponing till the new year. I am debating actually thinking of some this year as a reset.

• 2 weeks later...