LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Who you are now [Updated]

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2017, 12:21 PM   #16
Established Member

men want you when you're in your 20s
Old 8th December 2017, 2:42 PM   #17
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
Quote:
He said the problem with me and all women is that we don't see something important. What?
Yeah, me too. What?

Quote:
He said men don't want who you were when you were in high school - they want you as you are now - 40 and fabulous.
I can see some traction here, noting he didn't say 'what you looked like', rather 'who you were when you were in high school'. If refering to who you are as a person I can see the preference for 40 and fabulous, reflecting the experience and maturity gained in life.

However, as any of us who've experienced mid-life crises, high school is only a few thoughts and actions away

Pretty cool that you have a 20-year male friend. Long time friends are hard to come by and IMO are to be valued. I'm sure he's happy to hear your thoughts on the matter. Get it out there and work on it and good luck with the diet, too
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 6:31 PM   #18
Established Member

43 years old and you still care what men want or don't want? Think or don't think.

I mean, it's your body, your choices.

Losing weight to be more healthy and to look nice should always be a thing for men or women regardless of their age.

We should not let ourselves go just because we age.

You know, for the past 6 months I was studying for a grad school test.

I skipped gym, I ate horrible unhealthy food, and what I gained in the end?

My mind started becoming slow! Yeah too much sugar and no movement can mess you up!

It was only a week ago that I realized that omg I am now overweight, I look 5 years older, my hair is damaged, my brain is slow, my mental health is screwed and I am miserable and not beautiful as I used to be a year ago!

I said, the hell with the test, I am gonna start a diet/slash healthy eating! I'm gonna return to the gym that I have already been paying them 50 dollars with no shows for months!

I returned to my fitness pal and started using Fitbit as a tracker, not a fancy watch like I was doing for the last 6-8 months!

I am already feeling better, hopefully, I will stick to it!.

I don't care what men want or don't want. Yeah, looking attractive in their eyes is always a plus, but it is about me.

So, you want to go on a diet for a week or so, go for it!
Of course, healthy living is always a good thing and it's better than a diet but sometimes we need a diet to lose some extra pounds.

Also, this friend of yours seems to be in love with you or something.
Noproblem is offline   Reply With Quote