This is kind of an advanced meditation that generates a warm, good feeling in the chest. It is a challenge to get started, but I promise you results if you can manage once or twice a day for fifteen minutes.

In order to meditate you can be sitting or standing or laying down it doesn't matter. You assume your pisture , breathe deeply from the diaghram, and you begin to think words:

"May my heart be open

May I be at peace

May all beings be free from suffering"

And similar affirmations.

The words aren't that important; so long as you feel it. One you have a strong feeling of warmth you can concentrate on the feeling itself and cultivating it.

I've been able to simulate the effect of MDMA with this meditation. Have fun!

wishyouneverleft
This is kind of an advanced meditation that generates a warm, good feeling in the chest. It is a challenge to get started, but I promise you results if you can manage once or twice a day for fifteen minutes.

In order to meditate you can be sitting or standing or laying down it doesn't matter. You assume your pisture , breathe deeply from the diaghram, and you begin to think words:

"May my heart be open

May I be at peace

May all beings be free from suffering"

And similar affirmations.

The words aren't that important; so long as you feel it. One you have a strong feeling of warmth you can concentrate on the feeling itself and cultivating it.

I've been able to simulate the effect of MDMA with this meditation. Have fun!

There's so much to actually doing this correctly and not making someone's situation worse that's already mourning. Whoever wants to start practicing this, please seek a professional first. The unraveling of emotions we surpress subconsciously is alone enough reason to have a good spiritual guide to get you at least through the beginning phase. I highly recommend it though, mindful meditation unlocks so much.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
There's so much to actually doing this correctly and not making someone's situation worse that's already mourning. Whoever wants to start practicing this, please seek a professional first. The unraveling of emotions we surpress subconsciously is alone enough reason to have a good spiritual guide to get you at least through the beginning phase. I highly recommend it though, mindful meditation unlocks so much.

I agree. We did metta only on the last two days of a vipassana meditation retreat but thank you for sharing :)

wishyouneverleft
I agree. We did metta only on the last two days of a vipassana meditation retreat but thank you for sharing :)

Ha! I to follow the Theravada school of Buddhism. Good for you and I hope you enjoyed it. ~Metta~

• Like 1