LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Metta Meditation

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wishyouneverleft
  • 1 Post By wishyouneverleft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2017, 11:03 PM   #1

Metta Meditation

This is kind of an advanced meditation that generates a warm, good feeling in the chest. It is a challenge to get started, but I promise you results if you can manage once or twice a day for fifteen minutes.

In order to meditate you can be sitting or standing or laying down it doesn't matter. You assume your pisture , breathe deeply from the diaghram, and you begin to think words:
"May my heart be open
May I be at peace
May all beings be free from suffering"
And similar affirmations.

The words aren't that important; so long as you feel it. One you have a strong feeling of warmth you can concentrate on the feeling itself and cultivating it.

I've been able to simulate the effect of MDMA with this meditation. Have fun!
FeuFollet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2017, 11:17 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeuFollet View Post
This is kind of an advanced meditation that generates a warm, good feeling in the chest. It is a challenge to get started, but I promise you results if you can manage once or twice a day for fifteen minutes.

In order to meditate you can be sitting or standing or laying down it doesn't matter. You assume your pisture , breathe deeply from the diaghram, and you begin to think words:
"May my heart be open
May I be at peace
May all beings be free from suffering"
And similar affirmations.

The words aren't that important; so long as you feel it. One you have a strong feeling of warmth you can concentrate on the feeling itself and cultivating it.

I've been able to simulate the effect of MDMA with this meditation. Have fun!

There's so much to actually doing this correctly and not making someone's situation worse that's already mourning. Whoever wants to start practicing this, please seek a professional first. The unraveling of emotions we surpress subconsciously is alone enough reason to have a good spiritual guide to get you at least through the beginning phase. I highly recommend it though, mindful meditation unlocks so much.
wishyouneverleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 10:39 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishyouneverleft View Post
There's so much to actually doing this correctly and not making someone's situation worse that's already mourning. Whoever wants to start practicing this, please seek a professional first. The unraveling of emotions we surpress subconsciously is alone enough reason to have a good spiritual guide to get you at least through the beginning phase. I highly recommend it though, mindful meditation unlocks so much.
I agree. We did metta only on the last two days of a vipassana meditation retreat but thank you for sharing
Nadine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2017, 10:29 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine123 View Post
I agree. We did metta only on the last two days of a vipassana meditation retreat but thank you for sharing
Ha! I to follow the Theravada school of Buddhism. Good for you and I hope you enjoyed it. ~Metta~
wishyouneverleft is offline   Reply With Quote