LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Will I retreat to a stone house

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By sam light
  • 2 Post By ZayKayWill
  • 1 Post By Chilli

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2017, 12:12 AM   #1
Established Member

Will I retreat to a stone house

A friendly acquaintance, "Bob", only worked, ate, and slept for many years. He wasn't unhappy but he was missing out on the pleasures of life. Then, he finally met a compatible woman. They developed a sedate but "normal" social life. (Dinners out, day trips, movies, vacations). During their 7 year relationship, Bob's parents passed away. On year 7 she passed away.

After 2 years of grieving and another year of indecision, he sold his things and purchased a tiny stone home in a remote area.

He lived an isolated life when he was younger. He then experienced a more social life for 7 years. Then he chose isolation again.

Never have I been isolated to his degree, but I certainly am not very outgoing. If a key few people are removed from my life, what will I do?
Will I end up isolated? I've never regretted the quiet times in my life, so I don't even know if it's such a bad thing.
sam light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 1:25 PM   #2
Established Member

Eh I think almost everyone just as human beings needs some sort of social interaction but I agree in that people don't seem to really know how to enjoy their own company anymore. I blame social media.
Old 12th October 2017, 11:34 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZayKayWill View Post
Eh I think almost everyone just as human beings needs some sort of social interaction but I agree in that people don't seem to really know how to enjoy their own company anymore. I blame social media.
Yup, Social Media creates a mob mentality. People feel they must stay connected and tow the party line so the mob doesn't turn on them. I had high hopes that Social media would lead to free speech instead of suppressing it.
Old 13th October 2017, 12:01 AM   #4
Established Member

As long as you don't purchase a Bothy on an Hebridean Island, I think you'll be fine. The fact that you are self aware of your state of life is proof of hope...
Poutrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 3:11 AM   #5
Established Member

Would you mind me asking just roughly , your age.
Age of people in posts and whatever the scenario is a pretty big thing to get the proper picture.
so if your 25 and isolated right now , lots of things and life stages will change, and then change again, and probably change many times over so don't worry right now just take out the time you need.
But if your 60 , it could be all solo from here if you were to let it go so maybe take some time but then get back into some life or you could drift into nothingness from here.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 6:19 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Would you mind me asking just roughly , your age.
Age of people in posts and whatever the scenario is a pretty big thing to get the proper picture.
so if your 25 and isolated right now , lots of things and life stages will change, and then change again, and probably change many times over so don't worry right now just take out the time you need.
But if your 60 , it could be all solo from here if you were to let it go so maybe take some time but then get back into some life or you could drift into nothingness from here.
50's. I certainly do have my small circle of friends. It's been that way most of my life. Most of the circle is a few years older than I am. A couple that are my age don't seem very healthy. Anything could happen, but It's easy to see myself end up as the last man standing, standing alone.