LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Mental Health

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LastAcorn99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2017, 2:55 AM   #1

Mental Health

My ex fiance broke up with me 1 1/2 years ago now and I've been single ever since.
She had Depression, Anxiety, OCD, anti-social to an extent, and other issues.
I was with her for 8 months, and we lived together for around 3 months.
The question is, I still feel really guilty about the break up even though I did all I could to make it work and give her the best life possible, and for us and ultimately it was her decision to end it all.
But my behavior changed when I was with her, I started drinking more and started mentally to lose myself, to a point I would cry when I was alone.
Is there something wrong with me ?
I'm 38 now, I have a very good job, my own place, my dogs, but I'm anti social, don't really have any friends to hang with apart from chatting on FB.
Even 1 1/2 years later, I'm scared of dating again, some days are good, some are bad.
I haven't heard from her in a year or so but I feel I'm still affected by her mentally.
So is it possible to have mental health issues after been with someone like her who had all the issues above ?
patooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 1:39 AM   #2
Established Member

Im sorry to learn about your situation, friend. While the behaviors of people struggling with mental disorder are beyond their control, I understand that it can be a very traumatic experience for their loved ones, even emotionally scaring them for life. For this reason, Id strongly suggest that you seek the help of a counselor regarding this. Sending you prayers. Take care, okay?
patooks likes this.
LastAcorn99 is offline   Reply With Quote