LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Anger problems and alcoholism.

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2017, 2:50 AM   #136
Established Member

I am in my new apartment now. Feels strange to be in new apartment. Well, it's been only a week. But mentally: Nothing has changed. I was happy when i got here, few days i was filled with energy and enthusiasm. Now i am back being myself again. I just cannot enjoy anything anymore. I have AWESOME apartment. I mean, this is BRAND NEW apartment. I can see ocean from the balcony, i woke up to the most beautiful sunrise other day and this new apartment is bigger than old one, much more room, now i can even get the sofa here.

But still. something is missing...
Protec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 3:31 PM   #137
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protec View Post
Perhaps the sense of contentment and inner peace ?

It sounds like you had a tough time in school so understandable that you would have some residual issues and taken a hit to your self esteem and self worth. You seem to have an affinity for music so I might make one last suggestion of something that I have found very effective in my own life and something I have seen work wonders for others. That is mantra singing \ chanting.

Mantra chanting is an excellent calming practice - scientific studies show how it synchronizes the 2 hemispheres of our brains to induce a state of calmness - it could definitely help with the anger. But more then that - the language they are primarily written in - ancient Sanskrit - is sound sensitive. The meaning is not that important. The sound itself is. The effects specific sounds had on the body was studied extensively in Sanskrit and those sounds that were found to have beneficial effects on the body where called divine names and turned into mantras. They were effectively considered to be "sound medicine".

Chanting and repeating them has an effect on your bodies health and your mental thinking patterns. Over time I've seen them completely transform people - but to get effects you really need to set a dedicated practice where you use them everyday for say between 20-40mins. Normally a short session in the morning and another in the evening works best. You will feel some effect after 14-21 days .... and after 3-4 months people's thinking patterns are often completely unrecognizable and transformed from their former state. They cleanse negative thinking, anger, depression and help dissipate addictions and restore balance.

I have 2 specific mantras that I have used in the past (and still use daily) that I highly recommend. Rather then chanting them on your own to make it easier I sing along to musical versions - I use version from a wonderful performer called Diva Premal. I do this in the car too and from work every day. Makes a massive difference to your mood once you do these for a while. It takes some practice to initially learn the sanskrit words but if you listen along and follow the lyrics you will pick it up pretty quickly.

The first is the Gayatri Mantra. Probably the most famous mantra in the Vedic traditions its considered a powerful purifying mantra to destroy negative thinking and clense the body\mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSmToj9VZ4s&t=2379s

Om bhur bhuvaha svaha
Tat savitur varenyam
Bhargo devasya dhimahi
Dhiyo yonah prachodayat

The second is the Aad Guray Nameh. Considered to be a protective mantra to invigorate health and protect you from outside harm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUQdUm8pg98

Aad guray nameh
Jugaad guray nameh
Sat guray nameh
Siri guru devay nameh

Many people today are sceptical of things like mantras - I normally just say try an experiment. Try it every day for 3 weeks and see how you feel at the end. The results will likely suprise you.

Last edited by Justanaverageguy; 10th November 2017 at 3:36 PM..
Justanaverageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 2:20 PM   #138
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protec View Post
Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.
― Lao Tzu