What are some of your biggest flaws?

Be honest. For me...

• Can be a bit of a pushover (I put other peoples' needs before mine), although I am getting better at being more assertive and aggressive when needed.
  • Grade A Overanalyzer. There will often be times where I literally cannot get out of my own head.
  • Grade A Procrastinator
  • I can't for the life of me seem to be able to keep a pair of earphones for any longer than a month until I lose them -_-

All I can think of for now. Will add more if anything else comes up.

Edited by ZayKayWill
  • Like 1

I start things then don't finish them so I have about 19 different projects that I am in the middle of and am going to miss my yardsale deadline while all these tourists are still around :(

• Like 5
  • Author
I start things then don't finish them so I have about 19 different projects that I am in the middle of and am going to miss my yardsale deadline while all these tourists are still around :(

Good ol ADHD it sounds like.

• Like 1
Good ol ADHD it sounds like.

Really? I call it summer days are limited so it can wait until fall :o

• Like 3

Haha, mine are EXACTLY these. I'm huge on overanalysing which apparently make people think I'm anxious. I just enjoy it most of the times :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Be honest. For me...

• Can be a bit of a pushover (I put other peoples' needs before mine), although I am getting better at being more assertive and aggressive when needed.
  • Grade A Overanalyzer. There will often be times where I literally cannot get out of my own head.
  • Grade A Procrastinator
  • I can't for the life of me seem to be able to keep a pair of earphones for any longer than a month until I lose them -_-

• Like 2

Your's aren't even that bad, OP :D

Mine would be:

- Requires a lot of reassurance in form of compliments (not about appearance). Defensive when criticized. Needs to feel important and prioritized.

- Anxious. Tends to catastrophize. Will most likely think the worst. Overly sensitive due to anxiety.

- Unfocused. Can never keep up with one interest or activity for too long. Lots of talents but never reaches a master level at anything. Loads of ideas, no will to persevere.

- Avoidant. Will delay dealing with something unpleasant, like filling in the declaration of taxes, or a boring school project. Gets in a lot of trouble because of it.

- Easily irritated. Can't be among people for too long. Needs to be left alone often. Hates noise and having music or radio on. Can be bitchy.

Some of them... :D

• Like 3
thefooloftheyear

Eh...I'm moody like a woman sometimes....Other than that, I tend to not put the seat up when I take a leak, trusting that my aim is pretty good...Not always, though....:o

TFY

• Like 2

I can be quite arrogant at times. One of my employees devised, semi-seriously, a point system to measure when I acted arrogantly or condescendingly.

• Like 1
  • Author

Mine would be:

- Requires a lot of reassurance in form of compliments (not about appearance). Defensive when criticized. Needs to feel important and prioritized.

- Anxious. Tends to catastrophize. Will most likely think the worst. Overly sensitive due to anxiety.

- Unfocused. Can never keep up with one interest or activity for too long. Lots of talents but never reaches a master level at anything. Loads of ideas, no will to persevere.

- Avoidant. Will delay dealing with something unpleasant, like filling in the declaration of taxes, or a boring school project. Gets in a lot of trouble because of it.

- Easily irritated. Can't be among people for too long. Needs to be left alone often. Hates noise and having music or radio on. Can be bitchy.

You don't like music? O_o

Be honest. For me...

• Grade A Procrastinator

Im frugal.

• Author

Mine would be:

I have the same problem. The best thing you can do to take care of that is to just do it even if your brain tells you otherwise. Learning any new task is gonna be hard, challenging and *not fun* for the beginning stages. Once you get past that you'll be solid. I think the problem is we compare ourselves to all the experts of whatever skill domain we want to learn and so we get unmotivated and feel challenged essentially choosing not to act on it because "we'll never be as good as that guy." Some people gotta work harder to achieve certain skills sadly. Natural talent is a real thing *points to Mozart*.

A tendency to speak without thinking. And having unfinished projects.

I been told I overly blurt out what I shouldnt.

Funny. I start things I dont finish, but I have so many hobbies. I take breaks between them so I dont get bored. :)

I like to go-go-go. On my next annual physical I will ask my Dr. Maybe I have ADD or something. :)

• Like 3
You don't like music? O_o

"Hates music or radio on"

I meant I hate it when it's on speakers. I'm a musician and can't mindlessly consume music in form of a background etc. I will only have it on when I sit down and actively listen to it, mostly alone and with my headphones on. Background music is noise to me and I prefer complete silence as my background. Had partners who would have loud music on all the time and it would drive me mad to the point of having fights about it.

Might be weird to some

• Like 2

Impatient. Alcoholic. Always cheat on rpg games when I wanna play it slow lol.

Lose interest in everything super fast. Condescending towards women younger than 35. Yeah im an ass

Edited by AriesDude
I suck at typing-thats a flaw��
  • Like 2

My biggest flaws would be:

Arrogance: sometimes i think i know better. I think that things should be linear and ABC, but often they're ZYX, or some other weird combination. This makes me inflexible, and i need to be more open minded, amd listen more.

Complacency: i've ridden by the seat of my pants most of my life, and have traded on luck that i had when i was younger. My charm no longer works, and i am not a 'charmed' one anymore, so the only things that gets me going now is hard work,mwith some strategy, but hard work overall.

Cowardice and avoidance: letting experiences of the past jade me instead of moving on as a whole person. This yields that i am often coming from a faulty framework (one of defensiveness?), and might be inadvertently closing myself off from some experiences. What i need to realise that the past is in the past, and i should pack up and move on ;)

The avoidance thing is that i need to be more brutally honest with myself. More brutally honest so that i do not make the same mistakes, and brave enough to be honest with others in an assertive manner, if i need to be.

Thanks for the thread, good read.

Edited by Soak
  • Like 1

Flaws...

1) Lack of.... not sure what to call it...aggression? standing my ground? standing up? I tended to defer/retreat/stand down/look away. Perhaps passive? But I have resolved this - a bit too late, but I have. Whats interesting is I am a big guy, so a little goes a long away in many cases. I think that was part of my problem...I knew being a tiny bit forward or aggressive could make some nervous andintimidated. Not my problem anymore if they do because some others took advantage of the way I was before - but I am learning when and where to take the gloves off with people.

2) Not taking chances, just going for it, risking failure, seeing what happens. I tend to want to plan, think, make sure before I leap. Lost on a lot of relationship possibilities but also also just general everyday fun. I have fixed about 70% of this flaw.

3) A bit formal/reserved/pleasant natured/boy scout... in my interactions with people. Again I have resolved about 50% of this - a bit rougher and perhaps at time cruder with people. Saying what I think, feel and not being diplomatic.

4) Equating sex with love/deep like. Too much pain from this - sex is often just sex. I should just enjoy the physical part myself. Have not really resolved this yet.

Edited by dichotomy

Oh yea....I'm a total shopaholic and lately I've become quite the foodie since I stopped smoking over two years ago. Well it's a combination of really of losing both my parents, hot flashes AND stopping smoking these past few years so because I've gained weight and I'm not happy with my size and because I'm a shopaholic I keep buying shoes :o

Last winter the whole season went by and there were some boots I never got to wear even once yet still I bought more :o

• 1 month later...

I'm impatient

I have a temper. Most people wouldn't know that because I don't express it around others if I can help it. But....yeah, in my car I sometimes make myself hoarse venting it out....and I get headaches.

I never used to hold grudges, but now it is very hard for me to let go of things.

I'm forgetful about mundane day to day things.

I don't react well to being controlled....at all

• Like 1

I am just too good looking and intelligent but cannot stop saying it. :)

Actually I am a procrastinator. A good looking intelligent one. See, I told you I cannot stop saying it. :)

• Like 2

I am very, very lazy.

I can be overly friendly or mellow sometimes.

I never hit first, but if you punch me, be aware of the consequences.

• Like 1