LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

What are some of your biggest flaws?

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2017, 4:35 AM   #16

Impatient. Alcoholic. Always cheat on rpg games when I wanna play it slow lol.
Lose interest in everything super fast. Condescending towards women younger than 35. Yeah im an ass��

Last edited by AriesDude; 18th August 2017 at 4:37 AM.. Reason: I suck at typing-thats a flaw��
AriesDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 6:41 AM   #17
Established Member

My biggest flaws would be:

Arrogance: sometimes i think i know better. I think that things should be linear and ABC, but often they're ZYX, or some other weird combination. This makes me inflexible, and i need to be more open minded, amd listen more.

Complacency: i've ridden by the seat of my pants most of my life, and have traded on luck that i had when i was younger. My charm no longer works, and i am not a 'charmed' one anymore, so the only things that gets me going now is hard work,mwith some strategy, but hard work overall.

Cowardice and avoidance: letting experiences of the past jade me instead of moving on as a whole person. This yields that i am often coming from a faulty framework (one of defensiveness?), and might be inadvertently closing myself off from some experiences. What i need to realise that the past is in the past, and i should pack up and move on

The avoidance thing is that i need to be more brutally honest with myself. More brutally honest so that i do not make the same mistakes, and brave enough to be honest with others in an assertive manner, if i need to be.

Thanks for the thread, good read.

Last edited by Soak; 19th August 2017 at 6:47 AM..
Soak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 7:05 AM   #18
Established Member

Flaws...

1) Lack of.... not sure what to call it...aggression? standing my ground? standing up? I tended to defer/retreat/stand down/look away. Perhaps passive? But I have resolved this - a bit too late, but I have. Whats interesting is I am a big guy, so a little goes a long away in many cases. I think that was part of my problem...I knew being a tiny bit forward or aggressive could make some nervous andintimidated. Not my problem anymore if they do because some others took advantage of the way I was before - but I am learning when and where to take the gloves off with people.

2) Not taking chances, just going for it, risking failure, seeing what happens. I tend to want to plan, think, make sure before I leap. Lost on a lot of relationship possibilities but also also just general everyday fun. I have fixed about 70% of this flaw.

3) A bit formal/reserved/pleasant natured/boy scout... in my interactions with people. Again I have resolved about 50% of this - a bit rougher and perhaps at time cruder with people. Saying what I think, feel and not being diplomatic.

4) Equating sex with love/deep like. Too much pain from this - sex is often just sex. I should just enjoy the physical part myself. Have not really resolved this yet.

Last edited by dichotomy; 19th August 2017 at 7:07 AM..
dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 7:39 AM   #19
Established Member

Oh yea....I'm a total shopaholic and lately I've become quite the foodie since I stopped smoking over two years ago. Well it's a combination of really of losing both my parents, hot flashes AND stopping smoking these past few years so because I've gained weight and I'm not happy with my size and because I'm a shopaholic I keep buying shoes

Last winter the whole season went by and there were some boots I never got to wear even once yet still I bought more
Old 19th August 2017, 9:01 AM   #20
Established Member

l had to think so hard about this my damn head hurts .
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 5:04 PM   #21

Where do I begin........
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 1:26 PM   #22
Established Member

Bumpabump.
Old 9th October 2017, 2:09 PM   #23

I'm impatient

I have a temper. Most people wouldn't know that because I don't express it around others if I can help it. But....yeah, in my car I sometimes make myself hoarse venting it out....and I get headaches.

I never used to hold grudges, but now it is very hard for me to let go of things.

I'm forgetful about mundane day to day things.

I don't react well to being controlled....at all
knabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 2:17 PM   #24
Established Member

I am just too good looking and intelligent but cannot stop saying it.

Actually I am a procrastinator. A good looking intelligent one. See, I told you I cannot stop saying it.
Old 9th October 2017, 3:21 PM   #25
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
I am very, very lazy.

I can be overly friendly or mellow sometimes.

I never hit first, but if you punch me, be aware of the consequences.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 3:36 PM   #26
Established Member

I have sandals that I bought and dresses that I bought and a couple pairs of shorts that I bought that I never got to wear this summer.

I even have clothes from last summer with the tags still on and I'm pulling out clothes that I put away last winter that still have tags still on.

So what do I do today? Look on Zappos for boots to go with one of the three dresses I bought yesterday.

It's a very bad problem
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 3:47 PM   #27
Established Member

Add me to the list of people who can't get out of their own heads, which leads me to my next flaw of sometimes being forgetful and absentminded. Just yesterday I had two men with walkie-talkies surrounding my suitcase I abandoned for ten minutes on the sidewalk at the airport.....

I catastrophize and make assumptions about situations and/or people that are often incorrect. I'm not a very good judge of people (as in, there is something wrong with my intuition).

Sometime I tell you what you want to hear and then don't follow through.

I verbally lash out in anger at my sister sometimes. (But no longer at my ex-husband so that's a plus!)

I often don't try hard enough.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 3:49 PM   #28
Established Member

judgemental. i pretty much assume everyone is beneath me. i'm fairly certain i'm right though.
enigma32 likes this.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 4:09 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
judgemental. i pretty much assume everyone is beneath me. i'm fairly certain i'm right though.
You spelled judgmental wrong. Just doing my part to keep you in check .
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 10:52 PM   #30
Established Member

Let's see...

- Anxious
- Kind of a lone wolf
- Judgmental
- Top class procrastinator
- Sarcastic
- Drink more than average
- Use foul language
- Aggresive when drunk