LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

What are some of your biggest flaws?

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th August 2017, 7:29 PM   #1
Established Member

What are some of your biggest flaws?

Be honest. For me...

• Can be a bit of a pushover (I put other peoples' needs before mine), although I am getting better at being more assertive and aggressive when needed.
  • Grade A Overanalyzer. There will often be times where I literally cannot get out of my own head.
  • Grade A Procrastinator
  • I can't for the life of me seem to be able to keep a pair of earphones for any longer than a month until I lose them -_-
All I can think of for now. Will add more if anything else comes up.
No_Go likes this.

Last edited by ZayKayWill; 16th August 2017 at 7:37 PM..
ZayKayWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 8:04 PM   #2
Established Member

I start things then don't finish them so I have about 19 different projects that I am in the middle of and am going to miss my yardsale deadline while all these tourists are still around
Old 16th August 2017, 9:43 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
I start things then don't finish them so I have about 19 different projects that I am in the middle of and am going to miss my yardsale deadline while all these tourists are still around
Good ol ADHD it sounds like.
Old 16th August 2017, 10:03 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZayKayWill View Post
Good ol ADHD it sounds like.
Really? I call it summer days are limited so it can wait until fall
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 11:53 AM   #5

socially anxious, lonely, avoidant and relationship issues
don't talk to me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 12:27 PM   #6
Established Member

Haha, mine are EXACTLY these. I'm huge on overanalysing which apparently make people think I'm anxious. I just enjoy it most of the times

Quote:
Be honest. For me...

• Can be a bit of a pushover (I put other peoples' needs before mine), although I am getting better at being more assertive and aggressive when needed.
  • Grade A Overanalyzer. There will often be times where I literally cannot get out of my own head.
  • Grade A Procrastinator
  • I can't for the life of me seem to be able to keep a pair of earphones for any longer than a month until I lose them -_-
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 1:11 PM   #7
Established Member

Your's aren't even that bad, OP

Mine would be:

- Requires a lot of reassurance in form of compliments (not about appearance). Defensive when criticized. Needs to feel important and prioritized.

- Anxious. Tends to catastrophize. Will most likely think the worst. Overly sensitive due to anxiety.

- Unfocused. Can never keep up with one interest or activity for too long. Lots of talents but never reaches a master level at anything. Loads of ideas, no will to persevere.

- Avoidant. Will delay dealing with something unpleasant, like filling in the declaration of taxes, or a boring school project. Gets in a lot of trouble because of it.

- Easily irritated. Can't be among people for too long. Needs to be left alone often. Hates noise and having music or radio on. Can be bitchy.

Some of them...
Lorenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 1:18 PM   #8
Established Member

Eh...I'm moody like a woman sometimes....Other than that, I tend to not put the seat up when I take a leak, trusting that my aim is pretty good...Not always, though....

TFY
Old 17th August 2017, 3:18 PM   #9
Established Member

I can be quite arrogant at times. One of my employees devised, semi-seriously, a point system to measure when I acted arrogantly or condescendingly.
Old 17th August 2017, 4:52 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenza View Post

Mine would be:

- Requires a lot of reassurance in form of compliments (not about appearance). Defensive when criticized. Needs to feel important and prioritized.

- Anxious. Tends to catastrophize. Will most likely think the worst. Overly sensitive due to anxiety.

- Unfocused. Can never keep up with one interest or activity for too long. Lots of talents but never reaches a master level at anything. Loads of ideas, no will to persevere.

- Avoidant. Will delay dealing with something unpleasant, like filling in the declaration of taxes, or a boring school project. Gets in a lot of trouble because of it.

- Easily irritated. Can't be among people for too long. Needs to be left alone often. Hates noise and having music or radio on. Can be bitchy.

Some of them...
You don't like music? O_o
Old 17th August 2017, 5:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Be honest. For me...

• Grade A Procrastinator
Im frugal.
stixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 6:16 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenza View Post

Mine would be:

Some of them...
I have the same problem. The best thing you can do to take care of that is to just do it even if your brain tells you otherwise. Learning any new task is gonna be hard, challenging and *not fun* for the beginning stages. Once you get past that you'll be solid. I think the problem is we compare ourselves to all the experts of whatever skill domain we want to learn and so we get unmotivated and feel challenged essentially choosing not to act on it because "we'll never be as good as that guy." Some people gotta work harder to achieve certain skills sadly. Natural talent is a real thing *points to Mozart*.
Old 17th August 2017, 6:26 PM   #13
Established Member

A tendency to speak without thinking. And having unfinished projects.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 7:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
A tendency to speak without thinking. And having unfinished projects.
I been told I overly blurt out what I shouldnt.

Funny. I start things I dont finish, but I have so many hobbies. I take breaks between them so I dont get bored.

I like to go-go-go. On my next annual physical I will ask my Dr. Maybe I have ADD or something.
stixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 3:27 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
You don't like music? O_o
"Hates music or radio on"

I meant I hate it when it's on speakers. I'm a musician and can't mindlessly consume music in form of a background etc. I will only have it on when I sit down and actively listen to it, mostly alone and with my headphones on. Background music is noise to me and I prefer complete silence as my background. Had partners who would have loud music on all the time and it would drive me mad to the point of having fights about it.

Might be weird to some
Lorenza is offline   Reply With Quote