group feed back on self growth

impliedlost

Do you think social learning should happen in a group setting in which people are allowed to screw up, remedied, and growth can happen?

An important example, I have a friend who I have known forever, I consider them to be close, like family even. However, we have drifted apart. I am made to feel like I have done something wrong because they are drifting apart. instead of them talking to me about what has happened. I have been trying to fix the issue by talking with them about it. I would think that if that happened. me and them could patch things up.

Instead, they continue to push me away in different ways. I know I am responsible in one way or another for my own actions.but instead of correcting how I do things through letting me know. I get nothing back in feed back ever. Besides our conversations are boring. So I try to do fun things with her. like play video games or go out on walks.

Recently, she said she has been happier when I am not on her mind. So she has been pulling back. I asked her to be bluntly honest with me about what I have done and she has remained mute besides that.

Scarlett.O'hara

Sometimes people don't want to talk about why they are drifting away from a friend, it just happens. Trying to force an explanation from someone who is unwilling will only make them feel more uncomfortable and pull away further. Human relationships can be complex and it isn't as simple as asking for feedback like performance review at work.

I understand that can be very hurtful to be on the receiving end, but the best chance you have of salvaging a friendship is respect her decision by giving her space and hope that the if the friendship is strong enough it will return in time.

Edited by Scarlett.O'hara