LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

How do you find living alone ?

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2017, 7:46 PM   #121
Established Member

Ah ,l reckon they probably cuddled and stuff, probably tried sleeping together at some stage too early in , l'd put money on.
But it wouldn't have felt right or worked and so they probably ended up with some cuddly friend thing l'm thinking.

Could you do it .
Oh man , l dunno. l met someone earlier aftre my divorce that we got a long really well with but l had no romantic interest.
l use to stay over hers , her over mine, separate rooms ,
We'd talk a lot and help each other out. She'd just gone through divorce too.
But l dunno , it began to feel really weird after a few mths , like we both should be moving on and finding a real relationship. Lime hanging out with each other was holding us back.
One night when we were drunk she tried all night to get me in the sack but l just wasn't interested in that way and after that things went weird and we lost touch.
Popsicle likes this.

Last edited by Chilli; 3rd September 2017 at 7:48 PM..
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 8:32 PM   #122
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Ah ,l reckon they probably cuddled and stuff, probably tried sleeping together at some stage too early in , l'd put money on.
But it wouldn't have felt right or worked and so they probably ended up with some cuddly friend thing l'm thinking.

Could you do it .
Oh man , l dunno. l met someone earlier aftre my divorce that we got a long really well with but l had no romantic interest.
l use to stay over hers , her over mine, separate rooms ,
We'd talk a lot and help each other out. She'd just gone through divorce too.
But l dunno , it began to feel really weird after a few mths , like we both should be moving on and finding a real relationship. Lime hanging out with each other was holding us back.
One night when we were drunk she tried all night to get me in the sack but l just wasn't interested in that way and after that things went weird and we lost touch.
Well I think Jackie and her friend were beyond wanting to find a "real relationship". That ship had sailed. So there probably wasn't the feeling that they were holding each other back.
Chilli likes this.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 10:05 PM   #123
Established Member

Yeah , past caring anymore so maybe they had their friendship or whatever it was and to hell with the rest eh.
Popsicle likes this.
Old 5th September 2017, 6:51 PM   #124
Established Member

l know one reason l have a bit of trouble living alone is as l've said, the house l bought is a bit big for one person.
l'm pretty sure l'd be feeling a lot better about it if the house was a bit smaller . Great for a few people, to me though too big for one.

But the funny thing , l guess that's just about you personally and the setup you feel comfortable in.
Because l'm watching this movie, and she was a lawyer , early 40s l'd say.
But her house , man she's living alone in this monster , l mean this thing would be 5 times the size of my house, at least.
But , l guess whether real life or a movie , no matter , it's all out there happening and she must've just been comfortable in this monster, even on her own.
Where as her bf , he was a cop , movies l know, but he just had the gorgeous little log cabin , man what a beautiful little cabin this was.
Out in some Forrest. That would've been about 1/2 the size of my house here and way more my style if living alone.
Old 5th September 2017, 7:10 PM   #125
Established Member

Being single.

lt just goes to show , a celebrity l was watching an interview on.
This must be sounding like l watch too much tv but nope l hardly watch any actually, just coincidence .
But anyway , she's a beautiful women, l won't say who, works in show business and around hundreds of people day in day out .
late 30s, tall , very pretty, in really good shape, long blonde hair, and she was amazingly humble and down to earth, you would think she'd had been snapped up years ago and she'd certainly be around 50times more people than most of us so the opportunity is there day in day out by the hundreds.

Yet she broke down in the interview when they asked her about love and all she wants in life is to meet her man and have a family.
said she's dated a lot for years and meets 100s of people in her work , but it just hasn't happened.
And now she;s in such a state about it that she's joining some professional service to try and find a a hubby.

So there ya go , you'd just assume she was married of and this is her day job , you couldn't imagine her being single actually , but , she is and has been mostly right through.
And it just goes to show , everybody talks about getting out there amongst it and around people but you couldn't get much more out and among it than her and she has the looks most would die for and seemed like a real sweetheart ,yet , nothing.

life can be strange !

Last edited by Chilli; 5th September 2017 at 7:13 PM..
Old 6th September 2017, 10:12 PM   #126
Established Member

l saw shop girl again today and noticed her serving someone else.
He was a local and they all knew him , great looking guy too , but , she was still totally different with him than she is with me so l think l was on track.
What a shame , soooo tempting to ask her out, but l know though , as nice as she is , the right stuff just isn't there for me so there's not much point. Damn.
Old 21st September 2017, 3:46 AM   #127
Established Member

Been awhile and it;s also been a very , very , rocky few weeks.
Daughter problems , ex gf problems, f@ckk, will it ever end.
But l saw shop girl again today and damn , she is one nice women, the waste.

The trouble is , well apart form my head and heart right now, anyone new has got some really big shoes to fill,l know you can't look at it like that and you can't compare but , it's all near impossible.
Old 24th September 2017, 8:31 AM   #128
Established Member

Is anyone else really getting use to living alone?

lt's kind of worrying me tbh because l notice myself getting more and more use to it , even if l'm alone basically for days a time.
l work at home.
Just wondering about in your daily life completely hassle free to live and do whatever you want anyway you want, it's all becoming a little too nice.
Old 24th September 2017, 11:36 AM   #129
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Is anyone else really getting use to living alone?

lt's kind of worrying me tbh because l notice myself getting more and more use to it , even if l'm alone basically for days a time.
l work at home.
Just wondering about in your daily life completely hassle free to live and do whatever you want anyway you want, it's all becoming a little too nice.
I don't see any problem with you enjoying it. Even if you meet someone new, you should wait at least 6 months before moving in together anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to adjust.
Chilli likes this.
Old 24th September 2017, 2:13 PM   #130
Established Member

People are trouble.

I had a house party tonight in an attempt to be more social. I really didn't want to do it, spend ages cleaning, spent a lot of money getting the supplies and food.

I am renting the place and someone spilled half a bottle of red wine on the white carpet, another person made unwanted sexual advances on me that I tactfully got out of.

Being alone is bliss.
Chilli likes this.
Old 25th September 2017, 6:24 AM   #131
Established Member

Funny ES , yeah they are too . And so much emotional too and fro for very little reward too, if any at all .

But yeah , it id bliss isn't it , perfect word for it , don't think l've ever felt so much bliss.

Hey El. l suppose your right but the thing worries me is it's all just getting too easy and comfortable to just not even bother going anywhere or doing anything outside of your own little world if l'm not careful so l'd be lucky to meet anyone anyway if l keep this up for too long.

losing interest in doing anything much l really have to push myself, it's all getting just too cruizy hanging out at home.
Although , l'll probably feel more inspired when the weather picks up.

Tomorrow l have an all day long drive to pick up and bring back the next job which l have to do every mth or so. Some of the trips are much longer, 2-3 days and a hotel or two over night, new towns and sights..
At least l always look forward to them and taking off.
Old 25th September 2017, 8:43 AM   #132
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
People are trouble.

I had a house party tonight in an attempt to be more social. I really didn't want to do it, spend ages cleaning, spent a lot of money getting the supplies and food.

I am renting the place and someone spilled half a bottle of red wine on the white carpet, another person made unwanted sexual advances on me that I tactfully got out of.

Being alone is bliss.
I am good with getting stains off rugs/sofa/couch/suv seats, do you have hover rug shampooer? You should also invest is robots to clean the house I use them here 24/7. Now if I can get one to mow the lawn I would be set for life! LOL
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2017, 9:53 PM   #133
Established Member

How ya doin CH.

Well , another one out of the way but l dunno if getting home is good or bad.
It use to be me and ex texting back and forth in the last hour or two as l got closer to home, the girls would be all happy to see me and me them. often they'd wait up or ex certainly would even if it was a 3 am'er.
And she'd have coffee and snacks and we'd cuddle and chit chat about our days or whatever's been going on and fall into bed all cosy and together again.
God l miss that now that l've depressed myself.

last night house is empty and l put on some music showered made snack and climbed into bed early for the night.It's weird how both scenarios can be equally nice in their own ways but l def' would prefer the first one.
Damn. !!!!

Last edited by Chilli; 26th September 2017 at 9:56 PM..