LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

How do you find living alone ?

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2017, 7:41 PM   #91
Established Member

Going up for some lunch and to watch the whales again today.
Lunch with the whales, how cool is that.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 12:35 AM   #92
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Going up for some lunch and to watch the whales again today.
Lunch with the whales, how cool is that.
That would be pretty awesome I think. lol
Chilli likes this.
shellybing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 1:38 AM   #93
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
Quote:
How much time are people alone ?
Since best friend and his wife left after the eclipse (watched from front yard) I've seen two humans, well I guess three. Lady across the way and I were talking when her son came out and started yelling at her and she proceeded to run over his foot in her car as she ended the conversation. That was fun. Then a few days later the postal lady delivered a package and was complaining about Amazon and asking if I could drive 20 miles to the PO to pick up packages. Eh, no, that's what I pay you all for.

Else, it's just me and the woods and wildlife. My shop was on the ranch so, like you, I worked at home for 30 years or so. Bugged my exW no end that I could walk a couple hundred feet to work. Same now, except the walk is shorter.

What's cool is I meet women in my wanderings, sometimes get that old buzz in the balls but say, just give it time, and yeah, time is wonderful for going nah, no thanks, like with the foot smasher across the way. Drama, no thanks.
carhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 2:46 AM   #94
Established Member

Sometimes....i feel like the lonliest person alive.

I moved two states away from home. It was a small town.
I have a couple of friends here, but nobody to really confide in.
The relationships I have tried have not worked out well at all.
The people I meet are not people I would like to keep around. Mostly, I have met people who are on drugs or have motives to use and take advantage.
I even feel afraid to invite anyone over to my place for a glass of wine because the last time that happened a guy expected sex, and I don't want that to happen again. It was quite uncomfortable.
I work from home and hold meetings sometimes, so I only know a few people form work.

I choose to keep to myself and mind my own business.
I would rather not ask for help or compansionship, because I have basically given up on any of that.

It is a small price to pay for peace of mind, I think.
Chilli likes this.
Old 27th August 2017, 5:06 AM   #95
Established Member

Cool

Well carhill,you've gotta call that kid over and check his foot out for me.
Always wondered what would happen if a car ran over your foot
The woods and wild life sound damn nice though.
Love that environment except l'd probably be too tempted to become a hermit right now so it's probably just as well l can't have it atm.

So 3 of us right here work from home ,classic.
l have to meet my customers if the come out but that's often done over the net to and with just a bit of texting so often too though we never actually even speak.
Had 3 hirls out the other week checking out an RV and one was def; ahh , a touch interested l would say and seemed like a good women to but not someone l would ask out though.
Often on my trips l meet a few people though or l've also with some have ended up in customers kitchens with coffee at the other and sitting around a few hours talking.

Your sitch sounds a bit like mine right now shell, new small town , only know two people.Both have families anyway so apart from a few quick drop in's about something here and there , nothin goin on but l'm not fussed right now anyway either.
My mind has too much to do right now either.

My thoughts really need space right now so when l do feel like something l jump in the car and get outa here instead and conserve the haven
Old 27th August 2017, 7:23 AM   #96
Established Member

Lunch with the whales was surreal. It was cold and windy and wet so most of the tourists bolted and it felt like it was just me and them.
Old 30th August 2017, 8:04 AM   #97
Established Member

1st day of Spring here in a day or two.
And according to most of the new trees and plants l've put in through the year so far Springs gonna be right on time.
They've all really started sprouting this last few wks.
It'll be my first Spring here and it looks like it's gonna really be something.
One of my most fav' times of the year usually but sad;ly it also means the years nearly over already, again.

incredible how fast time flies now . You'd think that'd be age talking but it's not because even my 16 yr old daughter and her friends have been saying the same thing for years.
lt's the world we live in now and the in your face overload of everything these days that does it l believe.
Old 30th August 2017, 11:23 PM   #98
Established Member

I really live alone right now, but I always have a game plan to change that fact. I have my own house, SUV, work and everything should be okay right. We all need someone else to love and be with. Once you achieve that make things better? Might not! I know a lot of women who rather not have any man in there dwelling 24/7. Peace of mind. I think differently on that subject. Most of these women had bad abuse relationships of the past and rather be on their own. No one can tell them what to do ever again. Yeah where is all the bonding, love an etc. Be can all bond with a pet, but when it comes to your partner can you bond with them. Click or not got to be reason why you feel your best when your living alone. I use to it just take each day as it comes.

I can tell you when I have a woman slept over or lives with me, I feel a lot different. Just to know there in the house is more reason to get home faster, than slower!
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2017, 6:43 AM   #99
Established Member

l was in that shop again getting tea tonight but that place is that busy.
She was on though and served me , still seems jittery but a total sweetheart for sure.

Man she's thin ,l do love thin , l haven't even been able to see her properly before tonight there's usually too many people and another 6 or 7 behind the counter buzzing everywhere too.
Like wafe thin , really , really , thin. lt's just her build she looks healthy, like not anorexic or anything.
Old 1st September 2017, 4:14 AM   #100
Established Member

Nope , she's not for me,
l saw her again and she is gorgeous and funny but the word sweetheart always comes to mind.
Can't fault her really, any man would be way lucky to have her, especially if he loves wafes,
But as nice and a catch as she is l'm just not feeling it.
lt's still too soon for me anyway, l need some time.
Not to worry.

Last edited by Chilli; 1st September 2017 at 4:17 AM..
Old 1st September 2017, 4:53 AM   #101
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
I really live alone right now, but I always have a game plan to change that fact. I have my own house, SUV, work and everything should be okay right. We all need someone else to love and be with. Once you achieve that make things better? Might not! I know a lot of women who rather not have any man in there dwelling 24/7. Peace of mind. I think differently on that subject. Most of these women had bad abuse relationships of the past and rather be on their own. No one can tell them what to do ever again. Yeah where is all the bonding, love an etc. Be can all bond with a pet, but when it comes to your partner can you bond with them. Click or not got to be reason why you feel your best when your living alone. I use to it just take each day as it comes.

I can tell you when I have a woman slept over or lives with me, I feel a lot different. Just to know there in the house is more reason to get home faster, than slower!
Nobody should tell us what to do. . .

There is compromise in every relationship.

I keep my own place, and refuse to move in with someone until things are well established. I dont see any harm in that. (yes, in abusive relationships before)
Old 1st September 2017, 4:56 PM   #102
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
You all are nuts. Living alone is great, assuming you keep a healthy social life that prevents you from sitting in your apartment every night with a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

I'm convinced more relationships would last if the people didn't live together.
I think you might be right. My last ex told me that he would have married me if we hadn't lived together. My mom and dad have been married for 30 something years, but my dad has always had a job where he was out of town about 2 weeks of the month. I've lived alone for the past 4 years, and there is good and bad to it. I don't know if I would ever want to live with a man again though. I do want a relationship though. But I honestly don't know if marriage is for me. At this point, I don't plan to have kids, so I wonder what the point of getting married would be.
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 5:52 PM   #103
Established Member

l did find it very hard when l was married. must admit l often thought part time married would be better.

later with gf , being LD , the visa allows 3mth stays a time in each country.
And we even considered just keeping it like that , 3mth here , then a break, then 3mth there , break , 3mth here again , it could poss' be a pretty cool life really .
She's here 3mths , me there 3mths, keep our own places and share and country hop , forever.
How cool would that be.

Last edited by Chilli; 1st September 2017 at 6:08 PM..
Old 2nd September 2017, 1:49 AM   #104
Established Member

Quote:
How do you do it , what do you think of it . Seems such a bizarre existence to me now days now.
wake up alone , come home alone , do work on the house and no one to show it to , making a meal , you name it , it's all very weird.
l've always needed my space and even that caused problems when l was married because l probably needed more alone time than a married person should , but holy hell , not this much.
That's what all of my grandmother's said after their husbands died and they were too old to do much physically. It's kind of depressing to be honest haha

I think it's whatever you get used to, personally.

I live alone, but have pets. But there is so much to do, I don't ever get bored. I guess that is the key, unless you are extroverted and need other people around to re-charge. Even if I were married, I think it would be easier to have separate rooms. My parents do and have been married for decades.
Old 2nd September 2017, 2:13 AM   #105
Established Member

Lonely and weird at first. Slept with all the lights on. Now it would be hard to have it any other way. Privacy
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote