LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

How do you find living alone ?

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2017, 10:45 AM   #16
Established Member

Be active outside your home. get involved. Do more then go to work & come home every day.

Consider getting a pet. There's a joke meme that goes around -- It's not drinking alone if the dog is home.

Have friends 'round every few weeks so there is life in your house.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 10:45 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Does it still work if l have a coffee first !
But yeah ,l do feel the loneliness for sure. l should be grateful that l actually have some free wkends now though with my daughter doing a lot of the friends things these days. Never had free wkends for 3 1/2 yrs so it's not all bad haha but l do miss her for sure.

But yeah the relationship intimacy thing and the fun of it and the sharing, people are talking about for sure too.
That's a much bigger thing to me and why friends and just people don't really cut it for me.
Exactly. Not to get all philosophical but if you are fighting reality you will cause yourself pain. Live in the moment and make the best out of your situation as all situations do have good in them if you look hard enough.

I think about when I was laid off and out of work for 6 months. I was miserable and felt like a complete failure. I would look at a someone with facial piercings working somewhere and think "They have a job but I'm an unemployed loser???".

Although I continued to look for a job, I used the free time I had to complete some projects around the house and do things I didn't have time to do before. I was relieved when I started working, but missed the freedom that came without having a job (though not the lack of income).

Moreover, it made me appreciate having a job again and not to take it for granted and make sure I was saving enough money in the event I got laid off again (luckily I had already so I was ok the first round). You'll have a new appreciation for the next girl in your life and will think twice if you start getting complacent and taking her for granted (something most guys are guilty of at one point or another).

Enjoy this time as, I guarantee you, once you find a girl and she moves in you'll miss it.
Chilli likes this.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 10:57 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity
It's good and bad. I like having my house to myself as I do like my alone time. Moreover, it seems no matter what girl I date / marry they are always making a mess. Be it in the kitchen, bathroom, or hair everywhere (aren't guys supposed to be the messy ones??? ). It's nice to see everything where you left it. Any mess I can only blame on myself.
I know! My ex wife was the messiest person I've ever seen! The house was constantly a pig sty. Plus she was a stay at home mom. The worst part is she would get mad when I didn't want to clean up HER mess. I'm not talking about messes which were clearly mutual. I'm talking about messes that were nothing but her doing. I think she was raised with parents who spoiled her and always cleaned up her messes. So she expected me to do the same.

The older I've gotten, the less I believe all the lies about women being the finer sex. Finer? We are ALL human. They aren't levitating above the rest of us. I haven't found women to be "better communicators". They mostly just get emotional and rarely exhibit the ability to be direct and logical--both requirements for good communication. I've also come to not belief that women are "more nurturing". If they are, it's not towards their husbands, but it's limited to their children. Actually women can be quite merciless on their husbands, especially when the man is sick and they call him a "baby".

So -1 for stereotypes.
aurelius99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 11:18 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Does it still work if l have a coffee first !
Sure. Maybe you can throw Juan Valdez in there too when you're giving your thanks. And for the makers of Keurig while you're at it!

It's just the point of being grateful that counts!
Chilli likes this.
Old 16th June 2017, 11:55 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelius99 View Post
I know! My ex wife was the messiest person I've ever seen! The house was constantly a pig sty. Plus she was a stay at home mom. The worst part is she would get mad when I didn't want to clean up HER mess. I'm not talking about messes which were clearly mutual. I'm talking about messes that were nothing but her doing. I think she was raised with parents who spoiled her and always cleaned up her messes. So she expected me to do the same.

The older I've gotten, the less I believe all the lies about women being the finer sex. Finer? We are ALL human. They aren't levitating above the rest of us. I haven't found women to be "better communicators". They mostly just get emotional and rarely exhibit the ability to be direct and logical--both requirements for good communication. I've also come to not belief that women are "more nurturing". If they are, it's not towards their husbands, but it's limited to their children. Actually women can be quite merciless on their husbands, especially when the man is sick and they call him a "baby".

So -1 for stereotypes.
That's been my experience as well. I'm amazed that we survived as a race thus far considering how different men and women are. It so tiresome to work a woman out of an emotional tizzy as there is no logic that will work. I've learned it's just part of the game and you have to play - but I don't have to like it
Chilli likes this.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 12:01 PM   #21
Established Member

I actually love living alone. I did live alone before for 4-5 years, then few years with roommates first, and later boyfriends, and now I live alone again.

I bought my own house and all people ask me 'Aren't you lonely?' Well... I work full time, I have a pet, I have 2 spare bedrooms for visitors... If I really feel THAT lonely I can get a housemate. But for now I just feel... great, free. MUCH better than living with my restrictive ex-boyfriend or former crazy roommates.
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 12:07 PM   #22
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
I left the nest early and it felt great, not that I disliked my parents but jeez, more time to myself, eating whenever I felt like and stuff.

I'm pretty much acclimated to solitude, the downside of it is probably wondering now if I could live with someone again, so a woman. I've done it for a year and it had its moments, but yet again felt somehow 'liberated' when I was on my own again.

If anything, I don't get emotional for being lonely. I have some good friends and relatives I can easily set a dinner or party with. Live your own life how you like it.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 1:46 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post
That's been my experience as well. I'm amazed that we survived as a race thus far considering how different men and women are. It so tiresome to work a woman out of an emotional tizzy as there is no logic that will work. I've learned it's just part of the game and you have to play - but I don't have to like it
Yea well I'm done with tolerating it. I've had my children and truthfully have no biological drive for more. I'm also okay with remaining single from here on out. No woman in my opinion is worth tolerating crazymaking. None. And part of the reason women in America do it is because they know they can get away with it and have zero consequences.

MGTOW for life. If you don't know what MGTOW is, look it up. It's the future.
Old 16th June 2017, 1:56 PM   #24
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
Men going their own way.

We all know this Aurelius. I don't know if it's the future, but for guys with disappointing experience with women, sure it's a way of life in a way. Not if you're 20 though.
Chilli likes this.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 2:04 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanex View Post
Men going their own way.

We all know this Aurelius. I don't know if it's the future, but for guys with disappointing experience with women, sure it's a way of life in a way. Not if you're 20 though.
MGTOW is already booming in Japan. So much in fact that it's affecting their economy. Men are refusing to get married and be packmules for women and are choosing to live self-sustaining, independent lives. Except in Japan they call it the "herbivore" or "grasseater" movement.

Feminism has run its course. Men are waking up in droves. It never was about true equality. Ironically, I'm actually in favor of equality. TRUE equality. But feminism wants all the privelages and perks, without the responsibility and accountability that men are stuck with. The show is up folks. If a woman wants all the perks of being a man, she needs to stop getting a free vajayjay pass through life.
Chilli likes this.

Last edited by aurelius99; 16th June 2017 at 2:06 PM..
Old 16th June 2017, 4:53 PM   #26
Established Member

i love living alone and have been for the last couple years, even through my last relationship. i did it once before for almost a year.
i appreciate being able to and think its a good thing for everyone to try at least once in their lives if they can make it work.
penelopeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 6:58 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCity View Post

Ah , same. and on that side of the coin there are lots of things l don't miss about being married and gf was even far worse in that way.
Gotta admit , it is amazing how mentally freed up you are living alone so at least that's something.
l sort of laugh at it now from a distance at just what a whole pain in the ass it can all be.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 7:23 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
I actually love living alone. I did live alone before for 4-5 years, then few years with roommates first, and later boyfriends, and now I live alone again.

I bought my own house and all people ask me 'Aren't you lonely?' Well... I work full time, I have a pet, I have 2 spare bedrooms for visitors... If I really feel THAT lonely I can get a housemate. But for now I just feel... great, free. MUCH better than living with my restrictive ex-boyfriend or former crazy roommates.
Wonder how you'll feel in 20yrs time !
l could have people stay over , mainly a few family , l'm 3hrs away from most of them , thank God , no accident .
l often say l'm busy if they wanna come up or hint at staying over.

while l was single a few yrs after my marriage fkd up l did meet a few girls could've had someone living in but no one l wanted to jump back into that fry pan with until l met gf.
But on the down side ,apart from being a bit of a pain in the ass personality wise , life was already getting turned inside out and upside down , talking in a major way , like selling the house l've just managed to buy and moving, again , and she hadn't even moved in yet.

l do miss the hell out of her but at the same time, l'm glad l won't have to do all the crap involved now.
l like my house , bit disappointed with the town , l've lived in far far better towns . But l must admit , l do get the feeling there is something here for me so hopefully that all falls into shape and works out.

l've moved and lived in so many places , l was getting that way l'd been thinking hell, just give me a nice house in a nice spot and l don't care anymore.
Well l've at least got that here,see what eventuates from here now l suppose.
There's plenty of room for more people or a new love should that come about. But it's also quite nice having this space all to myself too sometimes l must admit. wouldn't wanna live it alone here forever though.
be a great party house , shame l don't know anyone.

Dunno how really wealthy people live in great big mansions all alone though. That'd be way too much house for one person for me.
No_Go likes this.

Last edited by Chilli; 16th June 2017 at 7:31 PM..
Old 16th June 2017, 7:52 PM   #29
Established Member

Don't get me wrong,there was lots and lots of incredible things with gf and why we were together . But the future , housing and how to find a living compromise where we'd both be happy because she didn't like it here , was looking like a real nightmare.
Old 16th June 2017, 8:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Don't get me wrong,there was lots and lots of incredible things with gf and why we were together . But the future , housing and how to find a living compromise where we'd both be happy because she didn't like it here , was looking like a real nightmare.
What do you mean by "here?" In your city? Were you long distance?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote