Happiness, Life, why me!

If you read my last thread you will know, up until recently I went through a bad illness, breakup from a partner I thought I would be with for a very long time, and most recently I my employment contract ended.

At 40, with a toddler, with little or no savings, life starts to hit home, I was sitting pretty a year ago, then I had a bitter split with my ex, I then met the most amazing women, similar age, and I pushed it to much and she left, other than I feel she was angry I stuffed it up basically. now I am on the job scrapheap, or it feels like, I may have to move to find work, and be further away from my child.

On anti-depressants and anxiety pills, something I never ever thought I would use as I have got through alot!!, but now problems sleeping, health not good this year. Why me I ask myself, my parents advise because I need to find god!, me I just think that possibly karma, comes back to nail you.

I treated women with so much good intent, since my 30s - before that I was an ******* to them in 20s wild years..... Ive been ripped off by 2, and hit emotionally hard by the most recent break up. My child's mother was physically abusive and drained my finances.

Life, I am hoping gets better, I watched the secret, I read books, but my life is as my friends call it a circus at times, and you know what I just want to be happy.

Welcome people thoughts on finding themselves, because I sure as heck wish I knew who I was.......

One of the reasons l'm here right now l guess, life.

The other one was a women , of course. :rolleyes:

l was just thinking of starting my own similar thread myself tbh. still might.

l was divorced a few yrs back , together 19yrs. ma talk about a life changer . it was mostly my fault l own it but never the less , life is this now.

3yrs single , fell in love with a new girl , but that's got problems and is off right now.

bought my first house ever alone, it's so strange.

tbh l have no idea if l've done the right thing, just feels so weird, all this space, only me, apart from when my daughters here, l haven't got much money or earning a heap so in many ways l feel very insecure now not secure as there's only me to hold the fort now.

l'm sorry about your sitch and the run you've had, wish l had some helpful advice to sorry. but tbh l pretty well been fumbling around in the dark myself and really have no idea if anything l'm doing is the right thing for me now and what's left of my future.

at least you got friends , that's a good start. the rest well , Capone said if you don't know what to dodo nothing if you can which was something l did as much of as l could for the first few yrs until l had some idea of how to get myself out of the hole l was in.

Maybe you could just try things a day at a time right now until things start to come good, try not to worry.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
One of the reasons l'm here right now l guess, life.

The other one was a women , of course. :rolleyes:

l was just thinking of starting my own similar thread myself tbh. still might.

l was divorced a few yrs back , together 19yrs. ma talk about a life changer . it was mostly my fault l own it but never the less , life is this now.

3yrs single , fell in love with a new girl , but that's got problems and is off right now.

bought my first house ever alone, it's so strange.

tbh l have no idea if l've done the right thing, just feels so weird, all this space, only me, apart from when my daughters here, l haven't got much money or earning a heap so in many ways l feel very insecure now not secure as there's only me to hold the fort now.

l'm sorry about your sitch and the run you've had, wish l had some helpful advice to sorry. but tbh l pretty well been fumbling around in the dark myself and really have no idea if anything l'm doing is the right thing for me now and what's left of my future.

at least you got friends , that's a good start. the rest well , Capone said if you don't know what to dodo nothing if you can which was something l did as much of as l could for the first few yrs until l had some idea of how to get myself out of the hole l was in.

Maybe you could just try things a day at a time right now until things start to come good, try not to worry.

Good luck

Thank you for taking time man, to post, and its interesting to see someone else has had an experience, I try to take it day at a time, but anxiety is crazy, the one person I want to speak to she won't. I kind of blew that a month after we split up and she discovered I went on tinder (i was bored). She deleted every existence online of me now I can see, she has blocked me, and I thought I had met my best friend.

I take it a day at time, today, I havent been good, in fact I have not moved from bed, tomorrow - I need to sort myself out, and this week. Tonight I am going to get a big canvas created of my daughter and put it next to my bed, so I know I need to shift my @ss.

Life just sucks, and don't get me wrong, I have thought about throwing the towel in, but I will stay strong, and hopefully get through all of this..... and come out better.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

The picture of your daughters a nice idea , hope it helps.

Mine's kept me hanging in there too and working when l have to , recovering financially enough to squeeze myself into this house, longggg way to go though on that front and praying l've done the right thing.

But everything still sucks too , seems like such a hollow victory like this and then the financial worries of it.

wondering if l should've just rented . But if l did that l wouldn't have time left to pay a house off later .

You know , l've never posted my own pics on the net ,l dunno , l just feel it'll bite me on the ass somehow sometime, that and l didn't want ex maybe seeing them especially on a date site or something.

Your gf might come round yet , never know.

B ut anyway my friend , a day at a time for now whenever you can . Try not to think too far ahead for now or worry, that helped me a sh@tload and l'm still practicing haha.