A psychic friend

mortensorchid

A few years ago I became friendly with a man who, unknown to me, had psychic powers. He and I were having an evening chit chatting together and he started staring at me. He said he has a certain power and he wanted to read me. I said alright, do that...

He said people have been cruel to me in the past. They hurt me a lot, that's why I am standoffish with them when we meet. I looked away from him, it was uncomfortable to hear it. He said this is what he does. He said I was afraid of how others will react to me, that's why I'm so closed off and afraid. He said sometimes when I have been trusting of others they have betrayed me which is why I am the way I am. They let me down.

I was blown away by it. He was/is right of course. But once someone tells you about those things (and not in a critical way, he was just seeing me), what do you do about it?

He has no special psychic skills, and his request to "read" you is a red flag.

Human communication is 55 percent body language, including facial expression. It's 38 percent tone of voice.

His statements about you and your history are very general, thus the red flag in him pretending to be psychic.

He's generally perceptive about people beyond the words they say, and so are many people - for example, salespeople, professional negotiators, employment interviewers, and litigators have to be. Much of what he told you was apparent, and would be to many people. He pursued lines when you showed a favorable response and abandoned them when your reaction to his initial guess told him he was going in the wrong direction.

You believed him because you were emotionally vulnerable and wanted to believe him. He knew that.

• Like 4
DrReplyInRhymes

The only real psychics, or plausible psychics I've ever heard about were those who had no idea how to control or manipulate their ability / curse as some called it. They had no control over what visions or dreams they could see. It's not like they could just pick winning lotto numbers at a whim because they have an ability to see into the future.

While I'm certainly not privy to classified information, or studies of the paranormal, the few cases which were very very hard to disprove that I've read about, the person was recalling details of events/times/places that, when revealed, could not be attributed to just reading nonverbal cues and running off of those.

I agree with the above poster, this guy said some generic statements that could literally be applied to a majority of the world's population, but if you believe him (and it's true), do you think that maybe you should let people know in the future of your past hurt so they can be a bit more understanding in how to approach delicate situations with you?

• Like 1
SunnyWeather
A few years ago I became friendly with a man who, unknown to me, had psychic powers. He and I were having an evening chit chatting together and he started staring at me. He said he has a certain power and he wanted to read me. I said alright, do that...

He said people have been cruel to me in the past. They hurt me a lot, that's why I am standoffish with them when we meet. I looked away from him, it was uncomfortable to hear it. He said this is what he does. He said I was afraid of how others will react to me, that's why I'm so closed off and afraid. He said sometimes when I have been trusting of others they have betrayed me which is why I am the way I am. They let me down.

I was blown away by it. He was/is right of course. But once someone tells you about those things (and not in a critical way, he was just seeing me), what do you do about it?

resolve your past hurts, pains and recognize that your fragility and vulnerability are a part of being human. maybe a healing will come as a result and perhaps, even allow you to become closer and open up again to others

But once someone tells you about those things <snip> what do you do about it?

It depends on what your goals are...but a highly positive way to use the information is as a springboard for healing the underlying negative psychological patterns and habits so that they don't ever have to bother you again. This is a list of psychological healing articles that you - or others - may find interesting.

This is a general article about psychics and mediums; mostly they're not working from the Etheric or Spiritual realms, so we do need to be careful.

Correct use of psychic abilities also deals with the topic.

He doesn't sound any more psychic that most people who are good at reading people. He may have been accurate but, like others say, his comments were very general and could have applied to 50% of the population.

I did watch some programmes about psychic detectives, I was very sceptical but was blown away by what the American psychic, Nancy Myer, has done. It would be very difficult for what she did to be by chance or guessing. It did make me think that there are probably some true psychics in the world.