The Fear OF Ruining Lives.

The Introvert

Dear Everyone Hello.

Well I really want to know if there are people who feel the way I feel about achieving and maintaining stability in life. I happen to hail from a fragmented family shattered by divorce. The thing is that I live life with the fear that if ever I mess up like my parents did I would have lost it all inasmuch as trying to bring order and stability in my life is concerned. I am in college at the moment and I am single. I tend shut any potential girlfriends out and raise the bar way too high because I dont want to risk ruining my life. I do not want a child out of wedlock or marry anyone whilst I am broke. In short: the acute suffering I have gone through has made me yearn for a life next to perfection so much so that my behaviour is sometimes radical all in the name of preserving my life......I would like to know how people of a similar background live life and how they work towards attaining stability....is it okay to be strict with yourself or you loosen up a bit..

It's OK to be strict with yourself & to loosen up.

Wanting to finish school & be financially stable before marrying or having children are fine goals. You can still date & achieve them. If you are going to have sex be cautious -- use protection or fool around without having intercourse.

Strike a balance.

• Like 1