I noticed a few lines on my lower eyelids... They are static, i.e. are there smiling or not, so I assume Botox will not do anything? What are the options then? Lasers or chemical peels are probably too risky that close to the eye?How about fillers? Retinol? They are on the very surface of the skin from what I can tell, and very close to the eyes unfortunately.

Not that I'm too bothered but it is a constant reminder how old I'm getting :( Basically I didn't have a single line up until few months ago, when my 32nd was..

Maybe just moisturize more. That botox looks scary and unreal on people. People look frozen and swollen who have it done.

• Author
Maybe just moisturize more. That botox looks scary and unreal on people. People look frozen and swollen who have it done.

I've done Botox once for medical reason (jaw issues) and hated the sensation of a weakened muscle... But in any case, I don't think it will even work in that case because I don't see a difference with movement.

Moisturizers I don't think are able to penetrate the skin layers deep enough to make a substantial difference (regardless of the ads haha). I'm thinking moisturizing from inside (i.e. increasing water intake) may do more good..

• Like 1
  • Author

Do you use it at night? I'm just curious does it have any effect on light sensitivity like say retinol creams?

Use a high quality oil based vitamin C serum. Vit C stimulates collagen growth and it does work topically. Get oil based, as oil penetrates the skin layers better than water.

I use this one-

Vitamin C Eye Serum MooGoo Super | MooGoo Skincare

truthtripper
Do you use it at night? I'm just curious does it have any effect on light sensitivity like say retinol creams?

I don't think vit c causes light sensitivity, but it can irritate your skin if you apply it too often. I haven't experienced any irritation with this brand.

• Like 1