Will I die in misery?

I am near 30s, still living with my parents and still unable to find a job to get out of my country. My city has no dating culture and I can't find potential man to date. I tried to fake to everyone around me as if everything in my life is "work-in-progress" but I always feel lonely and anguished. I had enough job rejections to the point sometimes I feel wouldn't it be better if I have a shorter life? Granted, I am now in a better state that I have some petty cash savings and a job, but my life has been only about counting pennies and pence. So what if one has money but no freedom? Will I just simply die in misery in this lonely island?

Does your island country have mental health services? Avail yourself of them because it sounds like you are depressed.

Fixing that will be a first step toward addressing other issues.

Are you willing to take a terrifying leap of faith to move to another country to try to get a job? What about applying for something like work on a cruise ship? It's not an ideal life but it will get you out of your present situation, expose you to other people, expand your social circle, give you a source of income & maybe help jumpstart your life.

• Like 1