Anyone else going through (been through) a mid-life "crisis"?

I went through mine in my 20's.. after I sobered up... I had to relearn who I was and what I wanted out of life.. figured it out pretty quick...

• Like 1

Yes. Totally going through mid life crisis. It really does suck.

Makes you question everything you have done and the direction of your life. I have a pretty good life, but have done some things to mess it up and really not sure what I want out of life any longer. These times can really mess with your head.

Been there (kinda still am) and it was good for me.

Frankly, I was tied of me and needed to shake myself up.;)

• Author

Sorry to be cryptic and not respond. I guess I feel like I'm in a rut and don't know which direction to go. I keep thinking I need to go back to school and change careers but I feel too old to go back to school and don't want to take on more debt -- that's part of it. I guess the other part of it is I feel like I need a hobby but I'm too busy with other stuff.

I feel like I'm constantly going through a mid-life crisis.

I'm suppose to get old but I don't really want to.

Have you guys thought about kids ? :laugh:

That restructures your life/priorities right quick after having one.

It sounds like your enjoyment factor is just down, you do need to find something you can enjoy... when I was younger I used woodworking as my center of enjoyment, I got a lot of stress relief also from that.

There isn't anything wrong with questioning who you are or where you are but you do have to be proactive and act when you are doing this, even if the action is to leave it as it is.

Doing nothing will only lead to a cyclic formation of your feelings like you have now.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Yup. I posted about this a few months ago. I am 32 years old now, and going through a "mid-life" crisis, I suppose. Questioning my career choice (most days I hate my job), marriage problems, money problems, lack of social life.... a lot of expectations, you know, when you are in your 30's you are supposed to be "settled", have a good career that you enjoy, be partnered up, have kids, the whole bit. And if you're unsatisfied with one or more aspects of your life, people act like there's something wrong with you. You're depressed, "too negative", etc. etc. It's difficult. I wish I had a better answer for you, but I can at least sympathize. I'm not exactly sure how to move out of the "crisis", either.

• 3 weeks later...