Stress and Anxiety.

Well, I have gotten to a point where my Anxiety and Stress levels are high almost all the time. I try to keep myself active but it doesn't really help much... Any advice on what could help me keep my Anxiety and Stress levels down??:confused:

• Like 1

You can help relieve your stress and anxiety by approaching them through the body.

Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, running, etc.

Breathing can be particularly beneficial.

It's not usually possible to think your way out of anxiety.

Anxiety is really fear.

So what is it you're fearful of?

Just naming it can help.

Take care.

• Like 4

Create a sanctuary within yourself and only for yourself.

I found that allowing myself to be within my own aura, decreased my anxiety and stress quite rapidly.

As you may have already noticed, the more stressful you become and as your anxiety increases, you are unable to think or function in the most suitable way.

Whenever I'm in such a state of mind, I tend to switch off for a couple hours when I have that time. Find that few hours in the day to perhaps read a book, listen to some soothing music that you enjoy, grab a hot beverage of any sort and just procrastinate. Let yourself unwind.

I also found that listening to podcasts and slow, repetitive music helps immensely whilst going on a long walk or run.

• Like 3

While stress and anxiety exercises can be useful, the first thing you must do is make changes to the things which are CAUSING the stress and anxiety.

What's going on which puts you in such a state?

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

reading his books can truly change you life ! it has mine

I'm dealing now with being alone NO family or close friends , my second divorce and my sons problems ...and YET I feel hopeful about future NOT any depression at ALL like I used to deal with years ago.

I exercise everyday , meditate some at the gym read books , watch inspirational educational videos, learning new skills .. that's how I'm dealing with stressful situations

my two cents !

If you feel you're like that for no reason or you've tried physical activity, meditation, making better choices, making changes, then you could have a more chronic type of anxiety that needs meds and/or therapy. But try taking control of your life and taking special care of yourself first and be sure you know how to say "no."

• Like 1

Some good non medical advice above.

Medical

1) Beta Blockers.

They are used "on label" for lowering blood pressure and heart rate - they are used "off label" for stress and anxiety. Assuming you dont have low blood pressure to begin with - which many women do - then dont take this. This med really helped me - I believe i will live a few years longer on this med but I also have high BP anyway so win-win.

2) Buspirone - worked kinda ok - but made me feel like I had a large glass of white wine or two.

3) Short term attacks - Antihistamine (over the counter)

Edited by dichotomy
  • 3 weeks later...