Feel like I'm making slight improvement

Feel like I'm possibly making some improvement a bit actually. I just have this different feeling where I don't feel as bad as I did in terms of this issue. It's still there but I can maybe feel some hope of getting better. I think not worrying about getting a girlfriend has done me wonders in terms of lower stress. Not thinking about it or being on dating sites I feel has helped me a lot in that regard. The only thing that sucks is that not thinking about it will bring me nowhere in terms of meeting anyone but my health is more important. I also went to the gym the other day, I honestly felt pretty depressed while there but I did what I could while there. I'm going to attempt to get into the gym at least 3x a week to get into better shape. Even if I don't feel good mentally it's important for me to at least look decent on the outside. I finally realized that having a girlfriend can wait even though I'll never know when it's going to happen.

• Like 4

Hey, I was wondering where you went.

That's great news! Given the holiday season coming up, it's good to hear, because I know that for me, it's a tough time of year. I battle thru it every year, and can't wait for January first.

Hang in there, and we're here if you need us.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hey, I was wondering where you went.

That's great news! Given the holiday season coming up, it's good to hear, because I know that for me, it's a tough time of year. I battle thru it every year, and can't wait for January first.

Hang in there, and we're here if you need us.

Thanks, it's good but still having issues. But I guess any sort of improvement is good even if it's just a bit. I think not worrying about the girlfriend issue has done wonders for me in terms of having a lot less stress in general. I think being on the dating apps is what made me much worse due to putting huge pressure on myself to have to meet someone soon before thinking it's too late as well as not getting the results I wanted with it. But right now I just have the mindset of when it happens it happens.

• Like 2
Thanks, it's good but still having issues. But I guess any sort of improvement is good even if it's just a bit.

Just hold onto this thought. One step at a time. :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Feel it might of been short lived unfortunately. Today the burning feeling has been kind of bad again. Also been in a really pissed off mood today. Working an almost 9 hour shift didn't help. I just don't get why it seems I'm making improvement than it feels like I'm almost back to square one again. It's so disheartening since I always get my hopes up thinking I'm on the road to getting better than it's like out of nowhere I just feel bad again.

Feel it might of been short lived unfortunately. Today the burning feeling has been kind of bad again. Also been in a really pissed off mood today. Working an almost 9 hour shift didn't help. I just don't get why it seems I'm making improvement than it feels like I'm almost back to square one again. It's so disheartening since I always get my hopes up thinking I'm on the road to getting better than it's like out of nowhere I just feel bad again.

That's the nature of healing, it often is 2 steps forward and 1 step back. It's common for you to go a day with no symptons then suddenly symptoms again. You'll have good days and bad days and progressively over time the good days will outweigh the bad ones.

I've been treating my depression and anxiety now with lifestyle changes, supplements, meditation, yoga, special diet for almost 2 years and today is the first day I've felt normal. Elevated mood, motivation to do stuff, feeling happy that the sun is shining. Basic stuff most people feel everyday but its the first day in a long time I've felt it. In those two years have been a lot of days where I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere at all. The truth is, you are, the balance just hasn't tipped enough for the bigger symptoms to shift though.

One of the best things I ever did was treat my symptoms as if they were a conversation my body was trying to have with me. The more I listened, the less it needed to yell to get my attention.

• Like 3
  • Author

I notice the earlier I have to get up in the day the worse the symptoms are later in the day compared to when I get up later. Yesterday for instance I had to get up at 6am for work when that's rare for me & as the day went on the numbness brain symptoms & other stuff was worse later in the day. I always feel like I go back to square one when I have that awful fog numbness feeling in my head. I'm trying so hard to work through it but it seems anything I do is never enough. I mean how will I possibly be able to live the rest of my life like this never knowing how I'm going to feel literally from hour to hour.

I notice the earlier I have to get up in the day the worse the symptoms are later in the day compared to when I get up later. Yesterday for instance I had to get up at 6am for work when that's rare for me & as the day went on the numbness brain symptoms & other stuff was worse later in the day. I always feel like I go back to square one when I have that awful fog numbness feeling in my head. I'm trying so hard to work through it but it seems anything I do is never enough. I mean how will I possibly be able to live the rest of my life like this never knowing how I'm going to feel literally from hour to hour.

I have Ehlers Danlos. Brain fog is one of the common symptoms.

https://plus.google.com/+Ehlers-danlosOrg/posts/QRQ8Dm88iBb

Be careful not to lead posters on an endless, meandering trail like your previous thread. It wreaks of narcissism.

• 1 month later...
That's the nature of healing, it often is 2 steps forward and 1 step back. It's common for you to go a day with no symptons then suddenly symptoms again. You'll have good days and bad days and progressively over time the good days will outweigh the bad ones.

I've been treating my depression and anxiety now with lifestyle changes, supplements, meditation, yoga, special diet for almost 2 years and today is the first day I've felt normal. Elevated mood, motivation to do stuff, feeling happy that the sun is shining. Basic stuff most people feel everyday but its the first day in a long time I've felt it. In those two years have been a lot of days where I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere at all. The truth is, you are, the balance just hasn't tipped enough for the bigger symptoms to shift though.

One of the best things I ever did was treat my symptoms as if they were a conversation my body was trying to have with me. The more I listened, the less it needed to yell to get my attention.

What kind of diet/lifestyle changes/etc did you make?