Feeling much better

I've received a lot of help from LS over the past few years. I felt angry and confused and lost. I've worked really hard to get through it all, and I appreciate all the advice you guys have given me.

I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. I took a huge risk and pursued my dream of becoming a freelance writer. I started part time with copy writing and slowly added on more work. I now make enough to pay my bills. I plan to add on some smaller projects and see where that takes me. For the first time in a long, long time I feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

I don't feel nearly as much anger as I used to. I think that's because I quit my toxic job last year. I have also been going to therapy for the past year. I only have a few sessions left, which is fine. I feel ready to manage on my own.

The main thing I have left to work on is going out to socialize more often. It is still hard for me to open up and trust people. I criticize myself too much, and I think it's causing me to be overly critical of other people. It's something I'm still working on.

The weird thing about it all is that I feel a little bit scared. I keep expecting it to all go wrong, for the carpet to be yanked out from beneath my feet.