Stress and the wrong relationship can kill you!

Got from the dentist earlier today and my technician said my oral health is much better. She asked me what I was doing was helping a lot. You know what it was? Less stress!

Last year I was in a toxic relationship. She will still contact me from time to time but we aren't together. I realize I was breaking out more as well.

Realize that if you are in the wrong relationship that it is literally bad for your health!

Springsummer

um.................really have to keep this in mind.........

only if I can practice it...in my case just obsession not even relationship already stress me out.

Congrats on the good news. Since we need to eat to live, teeth are important!

Relationships, if you mean romantic ones, are one aspect of the total interface with the world that affects stress. Where we live, who we live with (the community), the environment we live in, the choices we make regarding work, play, vices, friends etc, all relate to our stress levels and health.

In the dental realm, I had to balance the high cost of dental care with the benefits and peace of mind it provided, so have focused more on self-help and maintenance now that the expensive work is done and will carefully scrutinize any further work. The stress of having to work harder just to pay for dental care and line a practitioner's pocket also created stress which affected dietary and health choices and self-care, thereby contributing to more need for dental care. IMO, it's all related.

Oh, yeah, getting through that reproductive wiring milieu with my sanity was a gift. Life is so much better on the other side. Much less stress.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Author
um.................really have to keep this in mind.........

only if I can practice it...in my case just obsession not even relationship already stress me out.

You'd think it wouldn't be a direct correlation but it is. Stress can affect many aspects of your life including not only your emotional health but your physical health.

I totally agree OP!

It's only hair but - my hair is long and I am still finding hairs that turned grey but halfway through a strand went back to my normal colour from my last relationship - that relationship was the only point in my life when I grew greys!

truthtripper
I totally agree OP!

It's only hair but - my hair is long and I am still finding hairs that turned grey but halfway through a strand went back to my normal colour from my last relationship - that relationship was the only point in my life when I grew greys!

My old black cat started growing grey hairs only weeks after introducing a new young cat to the household. Boy was he stressed!

• Like 1
Springsummer
My old black cat started growing grey hairs only weeks after introducing a new young cat to the household. Boy was he stressed!

Holy smoke! seriously?

Springsummer
I totally agree OP!

I have gotten some...don't know if it's stress related. I certainly am very stressed for a long while.

Springsummer
You'd think it wouldn't be a direct correlation but it is. Stress can affect many aspects of your life including not only your emotional health but your physical health.

I know, but don't know could be that bad. by practice I means it is hard to not to get stress out even if I know it is bad.

Springsummer

I think not only relationship, anything that you really care, like love or obsession or whatever that's important to you but not working out for you stress you out!

man! I know I need to practice Tao or Zen or whatever spiritual enlightenment, but I just fail to really internalize the wisdom of the teachings.

I have a hard time letting go. I let things and people get to me too easily.

truthtripper
Holy smoke! seriously?

Yes, believe it or not! The little cat was raised on a farm so he was kinda feral, which really upset my old cat. He slept outside for at least a month during which his chest hairs turned grey. Interestingly, when he got more used to the new cat his black hairs grew back again :)

• Like 2
truthtripper

I have a hard time letting go. I let things and people get to me too easily.

Yes, I'm like this too. It's dangerously draining.

In my present solitude, I've discovered that it's important to be able to let your friends/family know they have hurt/disappointed you. I found that if I confronted any of my friends they would become defensive. I'm hoping I can make some new friends who are more understanding and empathic. I'm sick of having to be the one who does all the compromising.

Yes, I'm like this too. It's dangerously draining.

In my present solitude, I've discovered that it's important to be able to let your friends/family know they have hurt/disappointed you. I found that if I confronted any of my friends they would become defensive. I'm hoping I can make some new friends who are more understanding and empathic. I'm sick of having to be the one who does all the compromising.

Yep. Setting boundaries is key. Respectfully setting boundaries...

Be prepared for push back especially from controlling people. Some will be friends,some will be family. Sad,yet true.

That's so true! Now if I ever get obsessed with another guy who's bad for me, then I'll say "he's bad for my health" and drop him. I have intermittent anxiety and it always gets worse when I'm with the wrong guy. I used to blame myself but now I know that honest straightforward and consistent communication is really important to me to feel safe in a relationship. If it's not at the right level for me, then my mental wellbeing will suffer. We are all different and have our own needs.

• Like 1
Yes, believe it or not! The little cat was raised on a farm so he was kinda feral, which really upset my old cat. He slept outside for at least a month during which his chest hairs turned grey. Interestingly, when he got more used to the new cat his black hairs grew back again :)

Now there is hope that my hair can grow black again :) but seriously , can human grow their hair black again with better mood, especially after certain age? now sure a few of my grey hair were caused by age or stress. I certainly have tons of stress though.

Now there is hope that my hair can grow black again :) but seriously , can human grow their hair black again with better mood, especially after certain age? now sure a few of my grey hair were caused by age or stress. I certainly have tons of stress though.

Well, firstly something has to be done about that stress of yours, then you should lose your grey hairs if they are caused by stress.

In terms of aging, there are actually herbs to slow down greying

Can Herbs Reverse the Graying of the Hair? | LIVESTRONG.COM

I think I've also read about this in a herb book I have. I will look it up for you.

I do a physical therapy called feldenkrais. It involves going to a class and lying on a mat and doing particular gentle body movements which are very relaxing. I used to be incredibly stressed but since starting this therapy, a lot of stress has dropped from my body. My sleep problems are no more and I'm able to "let go" more easily of things which used to bother me. Imo, it's the most effective mind-body therapy, even better than yoga.

• Like 1