Dealing with stress

Hello guys, I'm 26 years old and I work in telecomm company,

When I first started I had no problems with my health,

After 3 or 4 month I started having upset stomach every morning, went to the doc had my tests done and it was concluded that I am healthy and having and IBS.

After a while I learned to live with IBS and at the same got promoted at work,

My salary almost tripled but it got more stressful, I started doing stuff that was directly passed from my CEO so I have no option for mistakes, slightest mistake and my boss gives me really hard time.

At some point after my promotion, I developed more problems,

Whenever I get complicated work and I have to do everything fast my head gets itchy,

I cant stop scratching my head, my forehead also gets itchy and also my fingers start shaking, and usually a headache for few days after hard day at work.

Went to the skin doctor he didnt find any problems, he said I should see a shrink to deal with stress or find another job.

I cant get another job because I have a loan to pay off and on top of that my boss offered me another promotion and gave me 2 weeks to decide.

Higher salary is tempting but I'm afraid of the complication I will have with it.

Today I find myself thinking of work and my clients even when I'm not even at work.

Its my 3rd year in that company, did you have such expriences ? How do you deal with it ?

• Like 1

You went to a doctor, had your tests done, and it was concluded that you are healthy and have IBS?

No, no, and no. That simply doesn't make sense.

You have IBS. You're not absorbing your nutrients. That is not healthy.

You oscillate between diarrhea and constipation. That's not healthy.

Your itchy scalp is probably related to IBS.

See a holistic nutritionist.

As for the stress, practice deep breathing, meditation, yoga, reading inspirational books, have a regular sleep routine, eat nourishing foods, keep yourself hydrated...

Get a good B-complex. They are essential for optimal nerve health, as well as in coping with stress/improving energy/reducing anxiety, etc.

Take care.

Edited by sooshi
  • Like 1

Stress can present as many different symptoms that are largely psychosomatic. Stress on that level will shorten your life. I opted out of the job that gave me that kind of stress and am forging a new life in a different direction. I couldn't take the constant panic attacks and all the ****ty symptoms that come along with it. It got to the stage where I was no longer functioning. I suggest you don't wait that long before you do something.

Either learn to deal with the stress load you have effectively, at the moment you are suppressing it. Or speak to your boss and take a step back.

• Like 2

'Stress' means, pressure or tension on a material object.

In this case, that material object is your body.

The best way to lower stress is to reduce your load. Offload some work, get somebody else to help, etc.

But if that isn't possible, massage, yoga, reflexology, dance, and nutrition can help.

Disclaimer:

"This suggestion does not render unnecessary advice from a medical practitioner, and is not endorsed by Loveshack."

I would take some Valerian if I were you. It's calming, and is very soothing for a 'nervous' colon.

"At least two double-blind studies have demonstrated that valerian extract can significantly reduce the amount of time it takes people to fall asleep without changing the normal stages of sleep.

Documented research has noted a mild hypnotic action in both normal sleepers and insomniacs, indicated by a beneficial effect on sleep latency, wake-time after sleep, frequency of waking, nocturnal motor activity, inner restlessness and tension and quality of sleep. Sleepiness and dream recall the morning after were unaffected. The valepotriates have a regulatory effect on the autonomic nervous system; research suggests that they have a calming effect on agitated people but are also a stimulant in cases of fatigue.

Valerian is used in Europe as an antispasmodic, particularly for abdominal cramps due to nervousness and for uterine cramps and menstrual agitation. It helps relieve dysmenorrhoea and it can be of benefit in migraine and rheumatic pain. It may also be applied locally as a treatment for cramps and other muscle tensions."

Source.

Take care.

• Like 1