In need about my current housing situation

Hi all, I recently moved in to this nice house in a quiet neighborhood, actually I am renting one of the rooms in the house. When I moved in (2 weeks ago) the landlord said there were 2 other tenants (men) occupying 2 other rooms, meaning there was going to be 4 people in total (including me) in the house. The landlord also said there were 3 bathrooms, one in the attic which is for the solely use of one the tenants renting the attic, a full bathroom in the 2nd floor, and a half br in the basement. I thought it was a good deal so I took the room.

Everything seemed to be fine until this Monday when I heard girl's voices in the house making noise at 1 am and I couldn't fall asleep. I thought it was the landlords friends or relatives visiting, anyways the next day I found women's stuff in the bathroom, and all of a sudden the fridge that used to be empty was full of groceries and my groceries were pushed aside. The landlord never mentioned that he will have other people moving in the house or maybe he thought it was not necessary to let your other tenants know.

Anyway, so it is this 40-45 y/o woman, this 20-27 y/o girl and a 6-8 y/o little girl. They have been staying at home literally all day the since the day they arrived (Monday). There used to be 2 living rooms in the house and now one of them has a bed for them and they keep the door closed, I am assuming they are using it as a bedroom now. I also noticed the older woman sleeps with the landlord in his room. I am assuming this woman is his wife or gf idk. BTW it seems like the little girl is not going to school at all, and neither of the older woman seem to have a job which is odd, and they totally seem like they are undocumented immigrants.

My problem with all this is that the only reason I rented the room was bc initially there were not that many people living in the house, there was enough room in the place, the people seemed clean, and there were enough bathrooms(or so I thought). But NOW, there are 3 more people plus a dog making a total of 8 individuals in a 4 bedroom house.

Now there is not enough room for my groceries, this women are in the house 24/7, they are always using the kitchen, the landlord and these girls are very messy, there are shoes all over the place in the front door.

Tonight these idiots locked the bathroom door from the inside and I couldn't use it. At 1 am I was desperately trying to find the bathroom in the basement which the landlord said existed, but when I went downstairs to the basement I found that there is NO bathroom down there. I knocked on the landlords door at that time and I heard their voices but they ignored me. I literally had to pee in a plastic bottle. Can you believe that? Now I am stuck sharing a single bathroom with 5 other people. It seems like the landlord tried to keep the house clean to give a good impression until he found a new tenant (me) but now the place is a mess with the shoes and the bathroom is dirty as hell, the tenant in the attic seems to be a druggie bc he smells like mariguana, it seems like this person doesn't have a job either and he is home all day, sometimes he puts music on very very loud which bothers me too.

I feel like I am stuck in this place, I just moved in and I had a hard time finding a decent place to live. I am a senior in college and I can't afford my own apartment yet. Before I moved in here I stayed at my bff apartment for a month bc I couldn't find anything good. It took me 3 months to find this place, and what I thought it was a decent place is now turning out to be a slum house, which was exactly what I was trying to avoid from the start. I feel so helpless and upset to find myself in this situation idk what to do I am a decent person getting a college education, and here I am stuck with illegal immigrants and a druggie in a slum house sharing a single bathroom with several people.

Should i consider finding another place? or should I suck it up and wait a year until graduation? Any opinions are welcome!

Edited by Terry8889

This sounded like a crap deal from the start. Never rent a room in a house with people you don't know.

I think you need to move out ASAP. Peeing a plastic bottle? That's the whole point of renting a place, so you don't have to do things like that.

I would leave immediately. idk what kind of lease you signed, but that slumlord wouldn't get a dime more than the rent for the time I stayed. If he tries to get you to pay out the full lease or charge a fee to break it, threaten him with a lawsuit.