Trying to get a love life. How?

I go to work; workout; go home. Rinse, repeat.

I go to meetups maybe once in several weeks. I've sent out feelers, but nadda. That's cool.

I'm not currently online dating, but thinking about it. But then the stories! Even average Joe's have a hard time. I'm not average Joe.

They say cold approaches don't work.

I don't know what to do.

On the upside, I've lost weight, feel better, and just trying to keep the fitness thing going.

• Like 2

Do you know where your interests are?

For instance: Kayaking, reading, chess, archery, geology, gardening, wine tasting, dog walking...

If you're not sure, start somewhere and expand from there. People are attracted to others with varied interests - going to the gym and to work won't give you much to chat about when you do find him/her.

This is exciting if you're just starting out with uncovering your passion! You can literally explore it all!

Good luck.

• Like 1
I go to work; workout; go home. Rinse, repeat.

I go to meetups maybe once in several weeks. I've sent out feelers, but nadda. That's cool.

I'm not currently online dating, but thinking about it. But then the stories! Even average Joe's have a hard time. I'm not average Joe.

They say cold approaches don't work.

I don't know what to do.

On the upside, I've lost weight, feel better, and just trying to keep the fitness thing going.

Get social -- join clubs, bowling leagues, photography clubs, the gym. Put yourself out there! Not just for finding a love life, just for loving life! Another person doesn't MAKE you happy, they only enhance the happiness you already have :) Cold approach every girl you feel attracted to and accept the fact that there will be a lot more women that don't connect with you than there are who do. Be brave, confident and be yourself. Unless, of course, you are a jerk :) I doubt it though.

• Like 3
Cold approach every girl you feel attracted to and accept the fact that there will be a lot more women that don't connect with you than there are who do. Be brave

Yeah, be brave. A faint heart never won a fair maiden! You should be aiming to meet as many people as you can, with as low expectations as possible.

Edited by Offspring