Where should I be in life right now?

chris maurice

Hey everyone. Im a 22 year old male. I have no idea where i should be in life right now. Heres where i am right now.

Im not fully educated, i have completed college. Not great grades but i have passed everything.

I recently got dumped lol, safe to say im doing a lot better from the guy i was that cried and begged and pleaded for her not to leave me. I got my act together and i intiated no contact. is working well for me. i still think bout her but it was a 3 year relationship. Im good tho. Im not seeing anyone right now.

Im in an ok work. Theres not alot to do, doesnt really pay much. Im currently in the process of starting another job, it pays more and is better.

I dont have anyone helping me do anything its me alone basically. I just really wanna sort myself out you know.

Most people i know doing things, doing degrees or have people helping them do things, it does bother me that i cant have that but not everyone is blessed with those things, some of us have to make it own there own.

Id really love some advice tho. Some motivation, quotes, anything that can help me out in life. Financially, educationally,professionally, physically, romantically.. Anything would be appreciated.

You should be exactly where you are.

Now is a great time to take stock -- figure out what you want & set S.M.A.R.T. goals on how to get there.

• Like 2

save up and travel, really i did the same thing when i was in that position where you are now, it helps, i dont know what it does but it makes you feel alive of some sort.

Meeting new people, exp new food that type's of stuff, it'll open your eye and see that there is so much more in the world than what you are doing right now in life and who knows maby you get inspired, i know i did it helped me grow mentally to a new peak

:)

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Eh....take a look around...Most 30 year olds havent figured it out yet...

You're fine...

The only advice I can give is that from this point on is that unless you plan on going to prison, your life is gonna FLY by...The next 22 years will be here before you can think..

So congrats and just start to focus on the next step...

TFY

• Like 3

At 22, I just finished one bachelors and due to the major I worked in an area and didn't like it so found my self back at school. Do something you love. I've been single since 23. Find yourself then everything else will happen. Explore new hobbies. Now in mid-late 20's.

• Author
chris maurice

Thanks a lot guys. I truly appreciate it. That's the thing tho. I don't know what I really want. Only thing I ever had going for me was my ex. I was with her for a while, my first gf everything with her. But me not knowing what I wanted allowed me to be treated like crap and being walked all over on. Im still trying to recover from that relationship. It did break me really badly. I really wanna find myslef. And really be happy.

Join an investment club. Do things that empower you. Pick a new physical activity that you like and delve into it. Become a great mountain or road biker. A great dart player. Beach volleyball player. Sax player. You pick :)

You graduated college congrats!! Be a stand out whatever your job. Network like crazy. Join a toastmasters club.

• Like 1
Thanks a lot guys. I truly appreciate it. That's the thing tho. I don't know what I really want. Only thing I ever had going for me was my ex. I was with her for a while, my first gf everything with her. But me not knowing what I wanted allowed me to be treated like crap and being walked all over on. Im still trying to recover from that relationship. It did break me really badly. I really wanna find myslef. And really be happy.

Some of the most wonderful 40-year-olds don't know what they want in Life....

Heck, I'm in my late 50's I think I'm only just beginning to figure it out... to make any sense of it.

But there's no point telling you what I think, you're young enough to be my son....

Remember when you were a little boy and you wanted to be a spaceman/Superman/racing driver/cowboy? You changed your mind, right?

Well, trust me; life is like a shopping cart; you go partly where you want to, and partly where the damned thing takes you....

So don't be surprised if you have to switch canoes mid-stream: life can blindside you.

The only thing I would say, is find a hobby you really enjoy, and turn it into a job.

too many people waste their lives stuck in jobs to make money, while they watch their days pass by...

Find what you love, and you'll love what you do.

• Like 1
  • Author
chris maurice

Thank you guys so much. Im feeling a lot better after reading what you guys said. Its really helpful stuff and i deeply appreciate it.

That's ok son, now unload the dishwasher, and pop the kettle on. It's your turn to make the tea. :)

• Like 1

Please don't be stressing out that you need to have achieved X by this age, Y by that age and should have reached certain stages in life based on the fact that other people have done it. It took me a long time to stop comparing myself so much to other people(who are married/engaged/have families/mortgages/better jobs etc.) It is very hard. Try and live for you.

Also, I did a womens 5k fun run/walk/jog a couple of years ago and a popular British athlete who started the race off for us said "The only pressure you are under is the pressure you put on yourself..."

So take the pressure off yourself :o...

...and if the kettle's boiled I take milk and two sugars in my tea please. Thanks :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Author
chris maurice

Lol you guys are amazing :) .. Thats something i would really wanna do. thats stop comparing myself to others. It doesnt make me feel too great but im getting over all of that.

And i would love to make tea for the both of you. Question is are you coming to collect it? I live in the caribbean :) :) :)

Hell yeah! A nice cup of rosy lea, sittin' on a white sand beach looking at a limpid clear, turquoise-blue ocean... Where's my hammock...!? ( A girl can dream, can't she? Even at my age, we haz dreems!)

• Author
chris maurice

Annnnndddddd theres a lot more too :) .. yes a girl can dream. And can turn that dream into a reality. no matter what age. great thing now is if you didnt have a friend in the caribbean. You got one now :D

• Like 2

I need a holiday before starting my new job. I suppose if you're in the caribbean I'd better take my tea iced with a slice of lemon...am sure it will be nicely chilled by the time I arrive

:p

Here's a perfect one:

"Wherever you go, there you are."

You're already there.

You don't actually need to replace your ex with anything. Just take this time to enjoy things in life you weren't able to when you had the ex around. Enjoy the freedom. It won't last because there will be a new chick coming along soon enough.

On the work side, allow your mind to wander Enjoy your time and accept who and where you are (you're doing better than most people your age I know). As your mind wanders, you may end up with a new dream in life. That new dream could become your goal.

• Like 1
  • Author
chris maurice
Here's a perfect one:

"Wherever you go, there you are."

You're already there.

You don't actually need to replace your ex with anything. Just take this time to enjoy things in life you weren't able to when you had the ex around. Enjoy the freedom. It won't last because there will be a new chick coming along soon enough.

On the work side, allow your mind to wander Enjoy your time and accept who and where you are (you're doing better than most people your age I know). As your mind wanders, you may end up with a new dream in life. That new dream could become your goal.

Thank you very much. i understand exactly what your saying. and im so much better from the time we broke up. I feel lonely sometimes but i need to be more occupied. And i am alot more happy now than when we were together.

You should be in my bed. ;)

• Like 1
Annnnndddddd theres a lot more too :) .. yes a girl can dream. And can turn that dream into a reality. no matter what age. great thing now is if you didnt have a friend in the caribbean. You got one now :D

I'm booking my ticket now. You see I've got my b-suit on already:)

And I do like tea in the afternoon:)

• Like 1

There's a great book by Dr. Seuss named, "Oh, the Places You'll Go" that I received up graduating from college. Pick up a copy and read it. You'll be delighted in the journey. Oh I wish I were 22 again:) Lucky you OP

• Like 1
  • Author
chris maurice
I'm booking my ticket now. You see I've got my b-suit on already:)

And I do like tea in the afternoon:)

Well im sure youd love to get away from the cold weather. And yes i see. you look beautiful :) .. Would actually be really nice to have guests :) .. maybe the future has something for everyone who wants to come for a visit. Our paths may cross.

• Author
chris maurice
There's a great book by Dr. Seuss named, "Oh, the Places You'll Go" that I received up graduating from college. Pick up a copy and read it. You'll be delighted in the journey. Oh I wish I were 22 again:) Lucky you OP

Well you are as old as you feel :)

I'm a lot like you. I'm 21 years old, graduating in May with a Psychology degree, and have no idea where I'll find a job, or if I'm smart enough to go to graduate school. Advice? Well, I don't have any good advice because I'm just as lost as you are. Just know you're not alone, and everyone gets there at different speeds. If you keep moving, you'll get there though. Focus on the things you can control like your education, and job. Relationships (the good ones) seem to happen when you aren't looking.