Guide for assessing and solving personality problems

For various reasons, personal and career driven I have decided that I need to improve the way I interact with people. I have had nothing but romantic disappointments and I see vast room for improvement in the way I interact with people in my social and professional life.

My goals are the following:

-Become a man whose company other men enjoy but that they also respect and look to for leadership

-Be someone who people want to form business relationships with

-Be unafraid of approaching people to form new contacts

-Be someone that all (most) women find themselves wishing would ask them out

They are lofty goals but I have observed people who are this way and it is pretty much all dependent on personality.

There is a lot about self improvement on the internet but it falls into two categories. It's either along the lines of 'do these 6 things to instantly attract women' or its some pickup artist system that prescribes a bunch of routines which basically turn you into a line spouting robot incapable of independent thought. I'm looking for something that will help guide me to accurately assess my strengths and weaknesses are address them.

Edited by skier10

None of the above would necessarily attract me. What does attract me in a man is kindness, compassion and honesty, a man who is at one with himself-comfortable in his own skin, not a man who is trying to be somebody else.

• Author

I don't want to try to be someone else but I do want to change the way I come across. I see a persons adroitness at social interaction as just another skill that can be improved with effort.

Who I am is defined by my passions and goals and I have decided that making improvement in this area is necessary to achieving my goals.

I think most of the things you described as your goals could be developed through self confidence and a bit of learning.

I'm going to suggest reading some books on success, leadership and people skills and possibly finding a mentor whom you admire that you can learn from.

Lastly, plan on meeting your goals by exercising good moral character...as well as by keeping physically fit and mentally alert and you'll do well with the men... and the ladies.