Addicted to Parties?!

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting in the right section, if not, please move!

So I have a bit a weird problem or situation, I think I am addicted to parties! I want to make it clear it's not the drinking that I'm addicted to- it's the actual parties themselves. I love the feeling of getting ready to go out, listening to my favourite songs and knowing its going to be a great night!

I love going out with my friends and bumping into random people I know, buzzing off the conversation and laughs, and not knowing if you'll end up at a club or party. I even love coming home at 5 am absolutely wrecked and falling into bed, knowing I had a great time!

I'm sure that's fairly normal for somebody in their twenties. The problem is my social life has really taken a nosedive of late, and it's really getting me down. Like, I didn't go out last night (halloween, one of my favourite nights to go out!!! ;p) and I actually felt like such a loser. I didn't get one text or invite from anyone asking me to go out and it sucked.

The problem is I sued to go out with a big crowd of people who I met through my boyf., and who all live in his town. There was a bit of strange situation for awhile where he had to work nights at the weekends, but his friends were super-nice and welcoming and always me invited to their parties and nights out so I got to know them as my friends as well. Maybe I relied on them too much?

Anyway, my boyfriend now doesn't work the weekends anymore and we started just having nights in as a couple, which I love, don't get me wrong, but I really miss the parties too. It's seem even that group has just stopped going out as much if at all... I feel like everyone is really boring... myself included!

I guess I'm stuck in a rut, so just wondering if anyone is or has been in the same boat!

Just want to clarify that I'm definitely not an alcoholic- I hate going to family events even if there will be alcohol there and I've no interest in drinking on my own at all. It's just the social buzz of being out and 'doing something' that I miss!

You sound just like a long term ex of mine. I met her in a dance club and she can't stay away from bars, nightclubs, and parties. She"s 55 now and still at it. You wouldn't happen to be an Aries would you? IME they love the nightlife.

dreamingoftigers

Ha. Things could be worse OP.

When I clicked on this thread I thought it said "addicted to PANTIES."

• Like 2
DrReplyInRhymes

Compared to how I used to live life, the 'party lifestyle' and all,

I feel like a loser compared to everyone else too, for my personal life was left to fall.

Now I'm getting older, I realize I pissed a lot of opportunities away,

I'm more afraid now that it's too late and I'll never do anything great.

Compared to how I used to live life, the 'party lifestyle' and all,

I feel like a loser compared to everyone else too, for my personal life was left to fall.

Now I'm getting older, I realize I pissed a lot of opportunities away,

I'm more afraid now that it's too late and I'll never do anything great.

You mean as opposed to working your fingers to the bone, never having any fun, and never doing anything "great"....

Ha. Things could be worse OP.

When I clicked on this thread I thought it said "addicted to PANTIES."

:lmao: thanks for the laugh, DoT

• Like 1
DrReplyInRhymes
You mean as opposed to working your fingers to the bone, never having any fun, and never doing anything "great"....

I believe that if you aren't remembered, then you didn't exist.

If you aren't remembered for something, anything, then you are forgotten. In a few generations, that can become a reality quickly. In that moment, when the last person finally forgets that small morsel of information or memory that you used to call yourself, it's comparable to having never existed.

Having never existed is worse than being remembered for being a mass murderer, in my opinion.

At the least the murderer existed, even if the memory is morbid.

How many "great people" do you remember from 3 generations ago? Oh that's right, the only ones you probably know are the ones who did something to exist and to be remembered. Most people don't even remember names of grandparents more than 3-4 generations ago.

I feel that because I partied more than a decade of my life away, and have nothing to show from it, the opportunities I missed when my younger self chose to bypass those opportunities in favor of partying will eventually bear the consequences of living life in mediocrity.

As evidence to my belief, here I am on loveshack thinking that giving advice actually helps people, when in reality, it makes you a target for those mentally ill people to harass.

Edited by DrReplyInRhymes
I believe that if you aren't remembered, then you didn't exist.

If you aren't remembered for something, anything, then you are forgotten. In a few generations, that can become a reality quickly. In that moment, when the last person finally forgets that small morsel of information or memory that you used to call yourself, it's comparable to having never existed.

Having never existed is worse than being remembered for being a mass murderer, in my opinion.

At the least the murderer existed, even if the memory is morbid.

How many "great people" do you remember from 3 generations ago? Oh that's right, the only ones you probably know are the ones who did something to exist and to be remembered. Most people don't even remember names of grandparents more than 3-4 generations ago.

I feel that because I partied more than a decade of my life away, and have nothing to show from it, the opportunities I missed when my younger self chose to bypass those opportunities in favor of partying will eventually bear the consequences of living life in mediocrity.

As evidence to my belief, here I am on loveshack thinking that giving advice actually helps people, when in reality, it makes you a target for those mentally ill people to harass.

And just how many people are born with the abilities to do things that will be remembered in the distant future ? So the memories of good times with people you love mean nothing to you ?.... you would trade them to be remembered by someone you don't know in the distant future ? My father missed out on so much by following your mindset, and it affected all his children for the worse. His daughters have a hard time remembering him because they so rarely saw him.

Maybe the lesson to learn is moderation in all things ?

Edited by buck3200
  • Like 1
DrReplyInRhymes
And just how many people are born with the abilities to do things that will be remembered in the distant future ? So the memories of good times with people you love mean nothing to you ?.... you would trade them to be remembered by someone you don't know in the distant future ? My father missed out on so much by following your mindset, and it affected all his children for the worse. His daughters have a hard time remembering him because they so rarely saw him.

Maybe the lesson to learn is moderation in all things ?

The memories I have with people I love mean the world to me. However, those memories I have also die with me when I pass along.

Would I trade the 'memory of me' that my loved ones remember for a 'memory of me' that everyone remembers? No, but I had hoped at one point in my life to be remembered not just by those who loved me, but for a reason that stands the test of time.

I feel that 10 years ago, I had opportunities that I missed that could've have propelled me to do something great in this world. To be remembered not just by loved ones, but by a lot of people. I chose to forgo those opportunities to live a life partying on rooftops and destroying my brain with substances.

Even in this forum, people are very well aware that time heals almost all wounds. Almost. In this sense, I'd like to think of time being the opposing factor when it comes to memory and the idea of being remembered.

If the only memory of you are known by your loved ones, in approximately 3-4 generations, unless you did something OTHER than be remembered by those who you loved, you'll be forgotten. The people 3-4 generations down your family tree won't even know what your name was, let alone anything you did in your life unless it was important enough to be remembered by humanity itself.

Please understand, if given the choice of having to choose between my loved ones remembering me, or strangers remembering me, I'd choose the loved ones every day. However, I'd rather have my loved ones remember me as they would, AND I'd like to do something in this life to 'leave a mark'. Now please note, I don't want to be remembered for something like being a mass murderer.... I'd hope no one chooses that, but to each their own.

However, with my talents and my ability to learn quickly (arguably..), I feel that my purpose on this world is above just being remembered by my loved ones. I feel like I have no idea why I was put on this world and lived through the things I did when I shouldn't have, but I'm here, and since I'm here, I want to do SOMETHING so 400 years from now, my name isn't just etched letters in a stone with everything I've ever done forgotten.

To me, that is comparable to having never existed, and that is the scariest thing I can thing of. To have not existed in the one life you were given.

....Well, as usual, in the end, it comes down to "to each his own" with me. I only commented because I know my father regretted the things he missed out on.

DrReplyInRhymes

I understand what you are saying. In no way am I contending it either.

I just wanted to relate to the original post in showing my own experience with partying my life away, and the regret I have from it.

• Like 1