Tips on Dying Hair?

treehugger101

I have dyed my hair before and I always told by my parents that I shouldn't wash my hair too much, because the more I wash the hair, the dye will run out and come out more.

So whats a good way to have the hair dye last longer? In particular I want to dye my hair using that one product called Splat with the bright colors.

compulsivedancer
I have dyed my hair before and I always told by my parents that I shouldn't wash my hair too much, because the more I wash the hair, the dye will run out and come out more.

So whats a good way to have the hair dye last longer? In particular I want to dye my hair using that one product called Splat with the bright colors.

Use cold water when you wash, and don't wash as often.

• Like 2

Correct, do not was as often. Brush your hair well at nite to distribute the natural oils throughout the hair. Them wash every third day. Tis was very hard for me at first - I was a daily washer. But, now, my hair has never felt better or looked better. Hope this helps L have fun with your new hair color ! :)

Clarence_Boddicker

Most dyes are damaging to hair. Henna (100% natural) & some vegetable dyes are not harmful to hair.

Avoid sulfates like sodium laurth (sp) sulfates. They are very harsh detergents. In your conditioners avoid non water soluble silicones. Don't wash your hair more than a few times a week if you can manage it. Get an activated charcoal shower water filter. Sun is harsh for hair also.

I use a sulfate free shampoo and cool water. On days that I don't wash, I use a dry shampoo to keep things looking somewhat fresh (this is hard- I work out almost daily and sometimes I'm drenched in sweat and have to wash daily).

Red and violet colors fade the fastest.