motivated by a fear of hating yourself

I am very motivated by the fear of hating myself. The desire to feel like you're not a loser drives me.It's this constant feeling of not having achieved enough.

Some will say do use that as motivation but I say it can be a good thing.

I am 31 and do not want to be 40 alone still working the same BS job I had in high school going nowhere and never going to be able to stop working AKA retire.

I feel like time is running out so I need to step it up . On top of that I want a GF but it not easy working full time taking 3 college classes and finding time to date.

Also I do not think I could ever forgive myself if i fail and are at the same stop in life ten years from now.

Edited by Krieger

Everyone goes through life on their own road at their own pace. It's great to have goals for your life, but that doesn't mean you should hate yourself if you don't meet them during a specific timeline.

We are all works in progress, every one of us. Pursue your goals, but make sure you take the time to appreciate what you do have and enjoy it now while you are working on your goals.

• Like 1
  • Author
Everyone goes through life on their own road at their own pace. It's great to have goals for your life, but that doesn't mean you should hate yourself if you don't meet them during a specific timeline.

We are all works in progress, every one of us. Pursue your goals, but make sure you take the time to appreciate what you do have and enjoy it now while you are working on your goals.

Well I am not getting any younger and if I want nice things in life I better get my butt in gear.

Well I am not getting any younger and if I want nice things in life I better get my butt in gear.

Absolutely. No question about that.

But along the way, encourage yourself each step of the way, mini-celebrate your small milestones, take a minute to feel good about the progress you are making. That good feeling can be a mixture of pride, satisfaction, the sense of being in control of your life, and the excitement about possibilities that will be open to you - that feeling of achievement can be highly motivating in a positive way.