LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Graduate School Plans and Language Study (can i brag?)

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zard0z

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th June 2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Established Member

Graduate School Plans and Language Study (can i brag?)

Its a little embarrassing to say it but I'm pretty sure my breakup, while heart-wrenching, actually put me in the driver's seat of my life. I wont pretend like It's perfect (I had a wild night out last weekend). But Im prouder of the person I am now, than the one I was when we were together.

Almost immediately after the breakup I joined a gym; Requested documents for entry into grad school in Korea; researched about grad school programs, met with a Russian contact who had studied in Korea; researched about taking the Korean Language Test; started to forumlate a plan and time table; and initiated.

A few months later I had quit my Korean classes since I knew they werent focused enough on the test areas. Found a private tutor to teach me the Korean writing method (my weakest skill). Have been with that teacher for over three months now. She also ended up getting a Korean teaching position at the language school of her alma mater, one of Koreas top language schools (so lucky i found her!)

Last week I even started exchanging emails with the deans of the departments I'm interested in. And the weak before that I received good news about my family receiving a private loan to fund my education if necessary.

Meanwhile, i've become more social, outgoing, and confident.

I still have my bad days, and I'm trying to be realistic, but I'm happy with the direction of life right now.

Last edited by Zard0z; 15th June 2015 at 11:53 AM..
Zard0z is offline   Reply With Quote