Swimwear How Does it Fit and Look?

treehugger101

For the ladies out there, when it comes to you picking out your new swim wear for the summer time. How do you tell if the swim suit fits you the right way? I went and tried on a 1 piece yesturday while out shopping, and noticed the tummy area of the suit itself was very scrunchie, it wasn't smoothed out. But the suit did fit me fine, it wasn't tight or anything it was just the tummy section just didn't look smooth. Here's a photo, tell me what you think, do you think this was how the suit should have looked or was it not right?

RED

rjljr8.png

BLACK

dy3kgp.png

black one looks smarter somehow, the red is not a good red, bit muddy and the ruching across the tummy adds bulk and so draws the eye

the grey shadows formed by the red ruching are the first thing i spotted, a real bold stripiness

lollipopspot

I don't like the skirt - they seem childish to me. How about a tankini, if you want to cover up more?

• Like 1
I did find the swim suit online and it does look all smashed together -

Sears.com

It is called ruching (roooo-shing) and is a method to cover imperfections in someone's body.

lollipopspot
Really?

That kinda looks like a house dress!!..:p:laugh:

TFY

That was just posted for comic relief :)

• Like 1
  • Author
treehugger101

Haha on the posted link with the dresses lol. I liked the skirt idea, if you don't shave your bikini area right, you can hide it with the skirt. All the other suits weren't my size nor my style. But I did find a suit online that I liked a lot!

http://www.qvc.com/Fit-4-U-Thighs-Airbrush-Floral-Banded-Empire-Swim-Dress.product.A252805.html?sc=A252805-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-A252805&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/05/a252805.001?$uslarge$

I ordered me one and can't wait to try it out!