The "Truth" about long hair...?

TaraMaiden2

This article was brought to my attention via a posting on Facebook:

I doubt it's a conspiracy, though, as the first sentence seems to suggest.

I just think it's not been in general circulation, or it hasn't just been made widespread knowledge...

It's true though, that cutting hair was also an act of humiliation. female German sympathisers just after WWII were humiliated in public by having their hair shorn... a sign of (personal and voluntary) humility, obeisance and sacrifice, in some religious circles, is to cut the hair very short or even shave the head.... I never thought about this until now. No matter the provenance of the article, it IS interesting.....

leaving aside opinion of the site itself, can anyone equate?

Comments? opinions?

(Just in case the link is not acceptable, I have copied/pasted the article into a document for reproduction here. If Moderators could confirm in whichever way they deem suitable...)

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment.

Uhhhhh..... okay? Do those people actually know what hair consists of? :laugh:

That being said, society does put value on head hair, especially when it comes to women (some religions requiring women to cover their hair, some religions not allowing cutting of hair, etc). So it does make sense that this thing of value (hair) is also used against people when the desire is to humiliate or to push into submission. Value and humiliation are both perceived traits and very closely interconnected.

• Author
TaraMaiden2

Coco Chanel* once apparently said that if a woman's shoes are right and her hair is right, actually the in-between is not wholly significant...

Women also twirl their hair when communicating with some men, and it's taken as a sign of flirtation or interest....

And I hate to create a diversionary aspect, but look at all the dog breeds which are all the more significant by their hair style/type/quality/length.... the extremes to which some breeders go to accentuate this aspect of a dog's appearance can be remarkable... maybe that's personality-communication-by-proxy....

*(Or it might have been Iris Apfel....)

Edited by TaraMaiden2
  • Author
TaraMaiden2
Uhhhhh..... okay? Do those people actually know what hair consists of? :laugh:

I'm sure they do.

Fibre-optics consists of spun glass and plastic. What's your point....? :confused:

I'm sure they do.

Fibre-optics consists of spun glass and plastic. What's your point....? :confused:

That there's a fine line between (what equates to) dead cells and extra-sensory perception. Although highly prized- if not mandated- by some Native American cultures, it's still only a small portion of naturalist throughout time who subscribe.

You're of the most sound beliefs, and the first thing they'd do upon arriving at a temple to give one's self is... Shave your head.

• Author
TaraMaiden2
That there's a fine line between (what equates to) dead cells and extra-sensory perception. Although highly prized- if not mandated- by some Native American cultures, it's still only a small portion of naturalist throughout time who subscribe.

There is a high tendency for Science (I obviously use the term very loosely!) to investigate so-called supernatural phenomena such as, for example, NDEs and other things that have hitherto been considered psychic or psychological matters, and have found that many have a distinctly scientific, logical and rational explanation.

I think this may be one of those cases; the indians always put it down to an innate cultural ability, whereas the scientists found rational explanation for this apparent' gift'...

You're of the most sound beliefs, and the first thing they'd do upon arriving at a temple to give one's self is... Shave your head.

Only if you're a renunciate....

• Like 1
I'm sure they do.

Your analogy is like saying that computer chips have a component that is similar to the sand on the beach, so beaches can perform complex calculations.

Anyway, if they actually do know, the onus is on them to explain why they think so despite their knowledge of what hair is, and to provide proof - my opinion is that skepticism in the absence of proof is a healthy thing. There are fairly easy ways of proving whether or not something is capable of carrying information.

Also, if you don't want opinions on your article, why ask for them? Opinions can be both positive and negative.

• Author
TaraMaiden2

No, I really was wondering what your point was...

Now i see it.

Thank you...

in part, a sense of security. in part a social /cultural.

I tend to retain skeptical in making a blanket conclusion. if a blind person was asked to attempt their daily task and got a hair cut , would they be challenged to accomplish it? Now thats literally a blind study that takes into account the objective theme of what impact hair has on the persons abilities.

The article does bring food for thought..

I'm registered but only partial Cherokee. I am 62 and keep my hair long. I have never heard this story about the hair. I agree anything is possible, though. There is plenty we don't know about everything under the sun.

I have to think, though, that if the military had testing showing long hair made soldiers more able to sense danger, that they wouldn't still be insisting on those skinhead haircuts upon enlistment.

As a child, I was very good at navigating the prairie and was often doing it barefoot. I have the habit to this day of always watching carefully the path ahead of me and putting my foot down in just the right place. I rode bareback and all my muscles became fitted for that. I do think some, but only some, Native Americans have various gifts left over from their surviving in the wild days that simply are not that many generations away. In my case, I didn't have anything verbally passed down to me. It was all instinctual. But if you had both instincts and teaching, you could indeed have heightened skills.

As far as the hair goes, anything is possible. Remember some tribes wore Mohawks and different styles, not all long. In my mind, the most obvious thing hair transmits to us in terms of knowledge is wind patterns. It might also catch scents better if it was long. It catches the wind, and it can catch scents, so that might have some validity. Of course, we've all heard if you're frightened or a fear instinct kicks in, the hair on our arms, neck or head may stand up. So there is something to that. That happens across mammal species and it's real. Hair may also provide some camouflage in some environments.

But hair could also get caught in brush as you are trying to noiselessly move through some terrain, so it could cause problems as well. It's an interesting anecdote, though. There is plenty we do not know yet.

For example, just as soon as food manufacturers finally acquiesced to label their products "gluten-free," the same company who had done the original research finding gluten was bad for the general populace not just those with that specific disease, did a follow-up study that found just the opposite and released a press statement about that. Oops.

“Genius is of small use to a woman who does not know how to do her hair.” That quote is from Edith Wharton - a writer. I've always liked that quote because it rather reminds me that no matter how smart a woman is the first consideration she is given is for her looks. Hair holds a lot of different value and significance in various cultures, and just look at how many women cry buckets when they have to cut their hair length. Not sure that I believe the article, but there is certainly a tie between hair and the inner psyche and cutting it (or having it cut) can really traumatize someone - especially women and young girls. If you've ever taken a daughter (maybe 6) for her first haircut, OMG, they get very attached to it and feel utterly sad over it's loss. That type of stuff can affect people, especially if done forcibly.

Clarence_Boddicker

The Vietnam war was a passion of mine for a long time & I read every book about it that I could get my hands on. I talked to a lot of Nam vets at gun shows. There was a trend of elite forces like the; Blues, LURPs, Mike Force, Seals, UDT etc to grow their hair much longer than military regulations. They also were liberal in their uniforms & weapons. This caused some issues with non combat REMF officers. In many pics you can see how shaggy they looked. Most of these small elite groups had a very high kill to death ratio & were much feared by the NVA & VC. Many of the enemy believed they had supernatural powers.