Not happy in the present. How to be more mindful?

No matter how busy i get, I feel like I never do anything. I work two different jobs that I love, go to school and babysit and do homework on the weekends and somehow I feel like I don't really accomplish anything. For almost a year after a bad breakup situation, I was left feeling anxious all the time and i'm never really at peace. Or for very short times. I just want to live in the present and be more mindful but I just feel so sad and worried all the time.

Have you sought any counseling and/or psychiatric treatment? Do you have a spiritual relationship with God? If not, I would consider getting in touch with a local church (hopefully Christian :)!). You can find counsel, support and spiritual guidance through church.

Other than that, have you tried journal-writing? It might help if you could organize your thoughts daily. Write out some goals. Make note of when you reach those goals. That might help you see progress towards things you want to get down, help you to feel empowered, and help lessen your anxiety.

StalwartMind

"I feel like I never do anything"

In a world obsessed with accomplishments, it's hard to avoid the feeling or at least question if what you are doing is good enough. At least I think that is the case for a good chunk of people and you are bound to run in to someone who thinks identical even if for different reasons.

To add a bit to what was said above. Do you have any goals? Once you achieve those goals, do you think that will that give you a feeling of accomplishment and happiness? Some people have an endless thirst for something new and to do more and they can never be satisfied. This is problematic as that ends up creating a feeling of being restless most of the time. Sometimes slowing down a bit and evaluating what you are doing presently can be a good idea. Most people compare themselves to others and if you constantly do that to someone who are high achievers then you'll feel you are never doing enough.

It's never a bad thing wanting to improve your life and show the desire and passion to do more with it. However none of us are super humans so attempt to see yourself satisfied with at least some of your accomplishments that you currently have.