You ever feel so stressed that you...?

You ever felt so stressed that nothing you did to relieved the stress?

Every turn in my life, from my love life, from school, and work. Nothing is going right, nothing.

I got into a car accident yesterday, and that was the topping on my cake.

The lack of concern from the girlfriend made me more anger. My family placing blame on me, when I AM THE ONE WHO GOT HIT.

I had to report some manager at the job because she totally disrespected me. I am a afraid of the consequences of that.

With school, ive simply haven't had the gas money to drive there, been missing classes, assignments been late.

I've all together lost my drive where I am even going there in the first place.

I am just feeling very overwhelmed and angry.

sleeping, showering, running, nothing is making me feel better.

I had a beer last night, it did lift my mood up, then I woke up, and blah. Nothing solved. Just angry.

I want to run away, and never come back, ever.

DrReplyInRhymes
You ever felt so stressed that nothing you did to relieved the stress?

Every turn in my life, from my love life, from school, and work. Nothing is going right, nothing.

I got into a car accident yesterday, and that was the topping on my cake.

The lack of concern from the girlfriend made me more anger. My family placing blame on me, when I AM THE ONE WHO GOT HIT.

I had to report some manager at the job because she totally disrespected me. I am a afraid of the consequences of that.

With school, ive simply haven't had the gas money to drive there, been missing classes, assignments been late.

I've all together lost my drive where I am even going there in the first place.

I am just feeling very overwhelmed and angry.

sleeping, showering, running, nothing is making me feel better.

I had a beer last night, it did lift my mood up, then I woke up, and blah. Nothing solved. Just angry.

I want to run away, and never come back, ever.

Honestly speaking, I felt that way a few months back.

Even today, I struggle with keeping my cool intact.

People will suggest hobbies, friends, and possibly therapy to cure,

But for me, I'm full of doubt, because I wasn't so sure.

Recently, someone from this board has helped me to see,

That passion is what you may lack...find something you believe in passionately.

Examine your lifestyle and all of the small things that make you tick,

Find a passion to focus on, and then continue to make it stick.

• Like 2

That's been a good part of my last five years. Things are better, but I'm not.

I would walk for a long time, in the middle of the night. Then I'd shower, and manage to go to sleep. That didn't work in the winter, so I have more trouble dealing with it during those months.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thus all I am doing is making my girlfriend angry with me.

She's like, "Wtf is wrong with you? Speak to me!"

My family thinks I am mental because of my yelling when I had enough!

I want to feel happy. I need to feel happy. but every single time I do... its like, "ha nope!"

• Author

All my expectation of feeling happy, is GONE.

I am a shell of a person who has basically lost her drive to want to do anything or be anyone of importance.

optomistic_nonsense

I've had bouts of this now and again before, and honestly - I think most people go through this at some point, sometimes the "phase" (for a lack of a better word) can last a week, a month, 6 months, more.

Although this technique may not work for everyone, here is what I have found to be helpful, so feel free to try :)

Whether it's 2 things or 20 things that are getting you down and keeping you in this negative funk - write them down. Sit down with a pen and paper, and write down all of these negative aspects of life. What I have done in the past is I will write them down, and dissect each of them - why is this thing a part of your life? How did it come to be? Was it at one point good and then it turned bad, and if so, why and when did it turn bad?

Look at how each item can be resolved, or look at each item that's negatively affecting you and think about the options/resources available to "fix" the problem.

For some reason, for me at least, writing down the things that are negatively effecting my life (and the people in my life as well) and looking at them that way makes me feel like I have more control. And most often of times we CAN control the negatives in our lives.

I would also like to throw in another bit of advice - ACUPUNCTURE. It can really work wonders :)

Let us know how things pan out for ya ;)

• Like 1

Easy there love1336x- there is a saying "this too shall pass!" I know that it is all crashing down on you right now and I truly am sorry. I have had moments like that myself. Hang in there! Do you have a Pastor? A trusted friend? Anyone who can come alongside you, wrap their arms around you, and maybe laugh for a bit? You may not have control over your circumstances but you do have control over your perspective. Are you a praying person? Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see - translation - faith gives us the capacity to see through our temporal situation to know that something long lasting is at work. Be encouraged - I have prayed for you!

• Like 1

When I feel that way, only a few things help. In no particular order....

1) Yoga class

2) Run around the block as hard and as fast as possible.

3) Pray

#1 isn't always possible, so that's something I'll plan ahead if my week or month is going really crappy. #3 is something I started when I was totally depressed with nobody to talk to, I know not everyone is into prayer. I'm only suggesting it because that's what works for me, even though I don't follow religion.

Edited by SpiralOut
  • Like 1

Hey love,

I'm just gonna pose some questions to you. Answer them in your head, on ls or on paper. .. or not.

1. Are you actually doing ANYTHING you want to do for your present or future self? If so, what?

2. Is anything about your life / in your life because of external pressures? ie parents, society, friends, bf?

3. What do YOU want out of life?

- now

- next year

- in 5y

- in 10y

I'm gonna share a lesson that my much younger friend taught me 20y ago. She was studying psychology then. Is still my friend now and is a very successful person in that she lives a FULFILLED LIFE.

The lesson is this: "Where are the gargoyles?"

Simple but effective. In 1st world countries like ours we don't usually have to battle and fight for survival. Our cultures have superseded our biological make up. For 10s of 1000s of years we HAVE had to fight to survive. At times we may automatically respond to any situation of stress AS THOUGH a man eating creature with fierce teeth was right next to us about to eat us alive! But seriously WHERE are they? Look left and right. They're simply not there. We activated a response that was completely unnecessary. Completely.

I don't know but you COULD take a minute, a month or a year to think of or be with people who DO have to fight for their survival. Really live that. Only by truly living that knowledge will you be able to let the extraneous issues that are clouding your judgment and activating severe responses to non harmful situations go or reduce.

Please don't think I'm demeaning your struggle right now.

Struggling appears where learning is needed.

As young as you may be, I think you may be struggling with the authenticity of your life right now. Or this disparity.

All the very best

Lion Heart.

• Like 1
Clarence_Boddicker

You'll get past it. Look at the bright side, you could have been seriously injured or killed. In my opinion, you need some time out. Spend a day by yourself just clearing your mind. Do you have any cool places you could go. Hiking, walking on the beach, etc. Turn off your phone & make it your time.

• Like 1
  • Author
You'll get past it. Look at the bright side, you could have been seriously injured or killed. In my opinion, you need some time out. Spend a day by yourself just clearing your mind. Do you have any cool places you could go. Hiking, walking on the beach, etc. Turn off your phone & make it your time.

Pshh. If I do that my woman will freaked out and say I'm being selfish.

Pshh. If I do that my woman will freaked out and say I'm being selfish.

If your girlfriend calls you selfish when you take care of yourself, then you may want to reconsider keeping her around.

Try and get just one thing that's stressing you out resolved love and that little relief might help you feel better. I couldn't even enjoy the Big Bang Theory last night and I don't think I'm gonna sleep at all tonight, but hopefully enough gets resolved tomorrow so that dullness goes away.

regine_phalange

Why are you stressed? These incidents you describe are stressful allright, but why do you think it doesn't go away? Are you overly critical of yourself? Are you asking too much of yourself? Are you a perfectionist? You don't do good time/task management? Does the negativity of your loved ones affect you too much?

Life happens, we can't always control it. And we are not perfectly tuned, we are going to do well, but we are also going to do not-so-well in other periods.

Motivation comes after you do things, not before, so keep doing them well enough. You've done them in the past, you can do them now. They don't need to be perfect.