Thinking of a dance class

In my effort to shed pounds and get back into shape, I'm thinking of taking up dance lessons. I've always wished I could dance like the singers in various pop music videos.

Does anyone know what type of dance are those? I thought they were called pop dances, but I've never seen that description in any of the dance studios in my area.

Help, clueless!

I've taken a few hiphop dance classes. Great workout!! Yes, OP, sounds like that's what you should look for.

I've always wanted to do this as well just not hip hop dance. More the type of dances you would do on the dancefloor at weddings and parties. Anyone know what those types of dances are called or what a class for that would be called?

I've always wanted to do this as well just not hip hop dance. More the type of dances you would do on the dancefloor at weddings and parties. Anyone know what those types of dances are called or what a class for that would be called?

The generic term is ballroom it can also be called "social dance."

I took a social dance class at college that covered, swing, waltz, tango, two-step and foxtrot.

I also took a salsa class.

The generic term is ballroom it can also be called "social dance."

I took a social dance class at college that covered, swing, waltz, tango, two-step and foxtrot.

I also took a salsa class.

Isn't ballroom something more elaborate?