I'm thankful for...

Ruby Slippers

...the annual contract that a longstanding client just renewed!

My biggest focus right now is on making more money, paying off business debts, and saving. I'm doing OK, but with this big upfront payment coming in soon, I'll have a lot more breathing room for at least the next quarter. Whew! I feel like I can relax again.

This is a thread where I invite you to finish the sentence "I'm thankful for..."

I've found that counting your blessings creates more of them! :D

• Like 14

I'm grateful for the grad program that accepted me because it will open many new career doors for me once I'm finished.

• Like 4

I'm thankful for my husband who has done some jobs tonight that I had planned to do. He knew I was under pressure with a deadline and wanted to help.

• Like 3

I am thankful when I read my posts from five years ago and I see how much I have changed

I am thankful for the best woman a man can wish for in my life

I am thankful for my new home

I am thankful that I am finally happy and healthy in mu life.

• Like 14
  • Author
Ruby Slippers

I've always enjoyed learning new things. I'm thankful that my work demands that I learn new and interesting things constantly.

I'm thankful that it's sunny and warm today.

I'm very glad that this cold I picked up seems to be low-grade.

• Like 2

... For the beautiful ocean I surf in almost everyday!

For U.C Sampdoria who has always been with me and whom I know will NEVER leave me :love:

• Like 3
Eternal Sunshine

I am thankful that my mum is coming to stay with me for 4 days next weekend. She thinks that I will be working but I have secretly taken time off and am going to take her on a little surprise trip ;)

• Like 7
  • Author
Ruby Slippers

I'm thankful that I just got an interview for a good consulting gig that starts next week! If I get it, I'll be very busy with this full-time, in-office assignment on top of running my business. But I've done it before, and making more money is my top concern at the moment, so I hope I get it! Interview is Thursday afternoon.

• Like 5
  • Author
Ruby Slippers

I didn't get the gig I interviewed for. But even though I need the money, after the interview I also felt like it probably wasn't the best fit.

It's slightly disappointing, but not a big deal in the grand scheme. I'm thankful that I've matured to the point where I don't take things like this personally, but keep the faith and keep moving forward.

• Like 3

My youngest daughter who tells me she loves me and how great a dad I am ....every day.

my late parents

The work I have done for my town, making it better, and the respect and appreciation the community has shown me in return.

and a few kind souls here and there - in person and online, who have shown compassion and concern and really "got it" when I was hitting bottom and helped me.

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 3

I'm thankful for my health (haven't had a cold since high school and never had the flu) and that my tennis game is improving.:D

• Like 3

I'm thankful for my wife, son and family.

I'm thankful for sustaining 30+ years of friendships with my 4 best high school GF's, they have been my rock for all these years.

I'm thankful for my job.

I'm thankful for the ability to laugh and love and play.

We are not very religious folk, but I like to teach my son gratitude, he's four.

So just before dinner, we hold hands and each take a turn saying what we are grateful for.

My son always laughs and says he's grateful for lolly pops....I love that answer. It never gets old and always makes me laugh.

The best part is he knows he's being funny. :)

• Like 4
  • Author
Ruby Slippers

I'm VERY thankful that this has been my highest-revenue week in over a year!! :eek::D

I've been feeling a lot of burnout and financial pressure lately, so I took a little time to rest up, then I really buckled down and worked hard the past week. And BAM! Instant results! :bunny:

• Like 3