Anyone tried Champix?

Recently I've started to think about quitting smoking for the first time in my life. I've always enjoyed it too much to even consider quitting and have been smoking for more than half my life (since the age of 12). I smoke about 15 a day or so. I do a lot of exercise and live a healthy lifestyle otherwise.

But a flu the last couple weeks and the resultant effect on my fitness (went for a run and was coughing and wheezing) has made me think hard about quitting.

Has anyone tried Champix? I've read the scare stories and am a bit concerned because years ago I suffered from anxiety and depression (it was temporary linked to life events). But for me at least it seems like the most desirable quitting method (removing the pleasure sensations from smoking) - I have tried patches and gum etc before

I was a smoker for 13 years. I quit in August after reading The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. I was afraid of taking drugs because of reasons similar to what you described. I'm glad that I didn't. You can buy the book cheap on Amazon

Been smoke free for 18 months now, I did try Champix but it didn't work for me but I know others whom it has worked for. I quite using e-ciggs over gradually coming down the doses over 3 months :)